Maggie Gyllenhaal’s glitzy Stella McCartney gown was perfectly balanced by her effortlessly chic ‘do. Stylist Rebekah Forecast of Sally Hershberger Downtown opted for a style that was simple and modern, emphasizing Maggie’s natural texture. Follow this simple how-to to get the look from home:
- Beginning with dry hair, use a texturizing product from roots to ends. Rebekah recommends SALON by Sally Hershberger Texture Blast.
- If you have a natural wave, use a diffuser on your whole head to gently set the product and create texture. If you don’t have a natural wave, use a curling iron a few inches away from your roots to bulk up texture.
- Loosely pull back all your hair into a high ponytail. The look should be soft, don’t pull it back too tight!
- Back comb the ponytail gently before wrapping it around your band to create a bun. Secure with pins.
- Finish with hairspray. Rebekah recommends Shu Uemera Art of Hair Sheer Lacquer.
Stylist Mike Viggue of Sally Hershberger Downtown created a dramatic updo to compliment Crystal Renn’s show-stopping black gown. His secret: he pulled her hair up and over a specially made pin cushion to give the modern twist its height!
- Beginning with dry hair, Viggue loaded Renn’s hair with Shu Uemera Art of Hair Ample Angora Volumizing Mousse from roots to ends.
- With a pick comb, he gave Renn a deep side part and gently back combed the side to be twisted.
- Placing the pin cushion high on her head, Renn’s hair was pulled up and over the cushion to create a pompadour-like shape. Securing with pins as he went, Viggue wrapped the hair over the pin cushion which stretched to the back of Renn’s head, ending just behind her right ear.
- Viggue tamed frizz with SALON by Sally Hershberger Mineral Cream and set the style with hair spray.
Did you have a favorite hairdo from the night? Tell me about in the comments below!
Images and content provided by PR.