As I mentioned before, I was lucky enough to win a few limited edition makeup products from Merle Norman’s summer 2011 color collection and Summer eyes 2 color trio was one of the goodies that I received. This lovely eyeshadow trio has one matte shade (Bare Necessity) and two shimmer shades (Coral Reef and Golden Berry) for a casual chic look.
First, let’s take a look at the packaging – the sleek black eyeshadow case looks pretty classy and comes with a mirror inside.
Now the colors ….
Bare Necessity – matte cream shade
Coral Reef – shimmering coral/peach shade
Golden Berry – shimmering plum shade with purple undertones
The colors are soft, completely wearable and blend easily onto the skin and together for a satiny-smooth finish. I was instantly drawn to Coral reef which I think is absolutely gorgeous and just perfect for playing up your eyes. The eyeshadows look highly pigmented in the case but the color payoff is sheer and needs a bit of layering to make them look vibrant. The first matte highlight shade does not show up much on my skin and I haven’t used it for the look below. As for the lasting power, it is really good with a primer underneath. The eyeshadows stay put almost all day without creasing or fading and there is no fallout either with the shimmer shades.
You May Also Like
- Femme Couture Mineral Effects Baked Eyeshadow Duo Jumpin Java Review and Swatches
- Revlon Luxurious Color Satin Eyeshadows in Polished Bronze and Nude Slip – Budget Beauty picks
- Sally Girl Mini Baked Eyeshadows – Cheap Thrills!
- Stila Stunning in Sayulita Palette Review,Photos and Swatches
- Merle Norman Creamy Lipcolor in Sun Kissed