ZOYA Armor Top Coat/UV Block
Oct 31, 2011 by Harshleen
ZOYA Armor ($7.96) is a strong, flexible UV blocking top coat formulated to protect natural nails and extend the wear and shine of nail polish. As per Zoya - Add a protective, ultra-glossy, flexible shine to nail color and prevent exposure to yellowing UV rays with Zoya Armor Topcoat/UV Block. The super-brilliant, ultra-strong and flexible topcoat provides a chip-free coating to defend nail color against wear and tear. Re-apply every two-three days for extended color wear.
What I liked:
- The consistency is not too runny nor too thick and applies smoothly.
- Protects my nail polish from chipping for at least a week (with minimal tip wear)
- Relatively eco-friendly and gentle formula without any nasty ingredients or smell.
What I didn’t like :
- The drying time is not so fast as compared to the quick-dry top coats. It takes about five minutes or so before it’s dry to touch.
- The shine is just average. It does have a nice sheen but the finish is definitely not ultra-glossy as claimed.
I don’t bother (or simply forget) to follow the directions to reapply every other day but still my polish lasts about 7-8 days without chipping. That’s a major plus for me because I am pretty rough with my nails and usually got only about 2-3 days of wear time with my last top coat (Sally Hansen). I am not too bothered about the extra wait time for drying but the mediocre not-so-glossy shine is a little disappointing. That said, I will most probably be repurchasing Zoya Armor topcoat considering it’s overall performance.
Zoya Armor topcoat/UV Block is DBP (phthalates), toluene, camphor and formaldehyde free. Available at Zoya.com
Have you tried Zoya Armor topcoat? What do you think?
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for a chance to win goodies from MAC, Tarte and much more! Check it out here if you haven’t entered yet.
Beat the winter blues with these Hot Nail Colors for Spring
Posted on Mar 5, 2014
Bear-ly Cute Nail Art
Posted on Feb 13, 2014
Teal Blue & Green Nails Featuring Zoya Rikki & L’Oreal VIP Status
Posted on Jan 31, 2014
NOTD – Zoya Faye
Posted on Jan 24, 2014