Heading off to a summer beach getaway? Toss these products into your beach bag for effortless beauty that endures the harshest elements of summer: sun, sand, saltwater and humidity……and let you feel fresh & fabulous after soaking up the sunshine. And the best part is each item here will fit perfectly into your vacation budget because they’re all under $15!
1. Sunscreen : This one is a no-brainer. Remember: UVA = aging and UVB = burning when it comes to good ole’ sunshine. Try Alba Botanica Very Emollient Sunscreen Sport Mineral broad spectrum SPF 45 ($7.99). Unlike most cloyingly sticky natural sunscreens, this one is light and fast absorbing and gives you a full 80 minutes of water-resistant protection. And since it’s also packed with nourishing ingredients like shea butter, green tea, vitamin E and aloe vera, it feels more like moisturizing than reapplying sunscreen.
Yes, reapplying sunscreen can be a pain in the butt but spray sunscreen is so much more convenient and feels so much nicer on the skin than thick lotions. One of my favorites is L’Oréal Advanced Suncare Invisible Protect Dry Oil Spray SPF 50+ ($10.99). Not only is it non-greasy and water-resistant, but also helps prevent your skin from getting dehydrated with a nourishing blend of vitamin E, argan oil, shea butter oil and grape seed oil.
2. Facial Moisturizer with SPF – While most sunscreens can work all over your body, your face, ears and neck deserve special attention especially if you have dry, sensitive skin like me. Try Nature’s Gate Face Block Sunscreen SPF 25 ($10) that’s created specifically for delicate facial skin. This lightweight, non-greasy and fast-absorbing formula provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection while antioxidants Vitamins C & E, and cucumber, almond and aloe extracts keep skin moisturized. It’s also water resistant for 80 minutes and free of oxybenzone, parabens or phthalates.
3. Lip balm with SPF – Lips are often neglected in the sun. Don’t forget, your pout needs protection from the elements too. Chapped, burned lips won’t be a worry if you toss a moisture rich lip balm with sunscreen like Supergoop! AcaiFusion Lip Balm SPF 30 ($8.50) in your beach bag (and remember to apply multiple times at the beach). Enriched with antioxidants and moisturizing shea butter to lock in hydration, it adds a sheer pink tint while protecting the lips from sunburn and photoaging.
4. Bronzer : We all need a bit of a bronzing boost before hitting the beach! Get your bronzed glow on with Physicians Formula Glow-Boosting Beauty Balm BB Bronzer ($14.95) that combines the benefits of a BB cream with the glowing finish of a bronzer. It moisturizes, smooths, brightens and is stain-free, streak-free, orange-free and odor-free. Or try the new Victoria’s Secret Pink Coconut Mango Bronzing Shimmer Stick ($15) that adds a touch of shimmer and summertime scent to your instantly bronzed beach bod. Glide on anywhere you want to glow!
5. After Sun Lotion – A long day in the sun and saltwater takes a toll on your skin. Soothe and pamper your sun-damaged skin with an all-natural body lotion like Beyond Coastal Aftersun Moisturizer ($6) that contains aloe vera, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, coconut oil and antioxidants to nourish and soothe riled-up skin.
6. Cleansing Wipes – Sand can get everywhere when you’re lounging by the ocean, so pack travel-size towelettes like the You Smell Lemon Aloe Wet Wipes ($5 for 12 wipes) for instant cleanup. Made with a strong, silky cloth, these aloe wet wipes are totally free of alcohol and will clean you up in no time! Each wipe is individually wrapped so they won’t dry out and the texture is soft enough for your face.
7. Fuss-Free Lip Color – Skip the sticky glosses and heavy lipsticks and opt for something that’s lightweight and stays put like Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm ($7) Not only are the colors gorgeous, but the retractable chubby crayon also offers high shine with balm-like moisture, thanks to the triple butter complex of shea, mango and coconut butter.
8. Beachy Wave Hair Spray – Want perfectly tousled waves? Spray on Victoria’s secret Beach Sexy Beach Hair Wave Spray ($12) after coming out of the water before brushing and give your locks a gentle scrunch. It helps to detangle the hair a bit while sea salt helps add texture for that effortlessly sexy look and a blend of buriti oil and sunflower seed extract helps protect hair from UV damage.
9. Wide Brim Hat – Even if you’re religious about slathering on facial sunscreen, a wide-brimmed hat should be your first line of defense to protect your face and scalp from sun damage and keep the sun out of your eyes. Frolic in the surf all day long wearing Charlotte Russe Daisy Chain Wide Brim Straw Hat ($7) that comes with a sweet string of fabric flowers for a delightful, daisy-topped look! It protects your tresses and makes for an instantly chic style that fixes any bad hair day.
10. Deodorant – An essential for any beach bag. Stay fresh all day with Primal Pit Paste Natural Deodorant stick ($10.95) that’s an all-natural, aluminum and paraben free deodorant and actually works! It goes the distance, and helps you freshen up if you’re heading out after lounging on the sand.
Want more? Check out these 5 Beach-Ready Beauty Tips
What are your beach beauty essentials?