With the new year comes a whole new crop of fresh & fabulous beauty buys! January is a month when many big brands introduce their latest game-changing launches, and this year is no exception. What makes it even better is that most of these innovations can be found right there in the drugstore aisles, with affordable price tags (which is much appreciated after the spendy holiday season!)
Ahead, I’ve rounded up some of the hottest new drugstore makeup for 2017 that you’ll want to get your hands on. If these drugstore delights are any indication, 2017 is going to be an amazing year for us beauty junkies! The cherry on top is that none of these is more than $17!
1. NYX Total Control Drop Foundation ($14) – From sheer to full, this new velvety matte finish liquid foundation lets you customize your coverage by simply adjusting the number of drops! Want more coverage? Add more drops until you create the look you’re feelin’ today! The range is pretty impressive with 24 shades in various undertones, from pale to deep espresso.
2. Maybelline 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette ($11.99) – Go for the gold with this new eyeshadow palette that features 12 expertly curated shades infused with metallic gold pigments. From sparkling gold and shimmering nude to gilded smoke and aubergine spark, it’s perfect for creating versatile eye looks! Here is my detailed review and swatches.
3. Maybelline New York Dream Cushion Fresh Face Liquid Foundation ($12.99) – I love using cushion compacts… they are so easy to use and perfect for tucking in your purse for on-the-go touch ups and travel! So it’s great to see this new drugstore option from Maybelline that offers a lightweight texture with medium coverage formula with a luminous finish for fresh-faced perfection.
I just got my hands on this foundation and really liking it so far! It offers much better coverage than L’Oreal Lumi Cushion foundation and the creamy satin finish is quite natural, not glowy or shiny. The formula also stays put fairly well!
4. NYX Pin-Up Pout Lipstick ($7.99) – Inspired by the best of vintage beauty, this creamy lipstick offers plush, richly pigmented pop of color in an array of bright & bold shades.
5. Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Cushion Corrector + Primer Duo SPF 20 ($16.99) – Color corrector meets cushion compact! This double-duty compact is designed to even out your complexion while prepping your skin for makeup. Depending on your skin concerns, you can choose the green/yellow compact (designed to neutralize redness and dark spots) or the peach/lavender compact (designed to correct dark circles and dullness). Just press with your fingers and apply before foundation for maximum coverage.
Here’s an easy color-correcting cheat sheet in case you need a little help in finding out how to use color correcting concealers and which colors would work best for your skintone.
6. Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Highlight + Contour Palette ($14.99) – If you are a highlighter aficionado like me, this pretty-palette is a must-have! It comes with three universally-flattering shades in two variations, Shimmer strobing and Matte Sculpting. From the swatches I have seen on Instagram, the pigment payoff for these is beautiful!
7. Maybelline FaceStudio Master Strobing Liquid Illuminating Highlighter ($9.99) – Maybelline has another new highlighter to feed our strobing addiction! Perfect for all-over highlighting, the new micro-pearl liquid formula is offered in three shades – iridescent, champagne, and gold. You can wear it alone or mix with primer or foundation to create the look of skin that appears radiant as if lit-from-within!
8. Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick ($4.99) – This new matte liquid lipstick glides on glossy but soon transforms into a high-pigmented creamy matte finish.The lightweight lippie is formulated to offer serious staying power without drying the lips! It comes in 13 cool shades from nude to plum.
9. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Total Cover Color Correcting Kit ($16.99) – This new easy-to-use palette takes the guess work out of color correcting with 4 creamy shades that work across skin tones to offset the appearance of skin discolorations. It features complexion correctors in Peach to disguise dark circles, Yellow to combat discolorations, Green to neutralize redness and Purple to brighten dullness.
10.Wet n wild MegaGlo Makeup Stick Blush ($4) – Perfect for tossing in your purse or pocket, this portable blush stick has a velvety, cream-to-powder formula that gives you naturally flushed cheeks in one swipe!
11. NYX Cosmetics Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder ($7.99) – Duochromatic highlighters are definitely having a moment! Available in five glowing shades, this silky powder formula with light-catching chromatic pearls deliver a multidimensional finish that looks different from every angle. Just add a light dusting along the high points of your face – such as the cheekbones and Cupid’s bow – for an ethereal glow!
12. Wet n Wild Mega Cushion Highlight ($5.99) – Cushion compacts are popping up in all different forms lately, but this highlighter is the latest in the lineup! It’s a pearly pink shade that adds a natural-looking dewiness. There’s also a Mega Cushion Contour that’s a buildable chocolate shade with a velvety finish for a natural-looking contour. Both of these are only available in Walgreens stores so far.
13. Revlon ColorStay Creme Eyeshadow ($7.99) – I have always been a fan of satiny creme eyeshadows so this new release is right up my alley! The formula is described as a luxurious, waterproof long-wearing creme eyeshadow with a built-in-brush designed for easy, mess-free application. Available in 12 Shades, it comes in 4 unique finishes: metallic, matte, pearl, and satin. Update: I just tried out these creme eyeshadows and LOVE them, here is my review and swatches.
14. Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Angled Kajal Eyeliner ($8.99) – This new waterproof kajal liner features an angled tip for easy application and a smudge brush for a smoky eye. It’s formulated to be safe for use on waterline and comes in 4 sultry shades. Check out my review and swatches here.
15. Wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation ($5.99) – This new foundation by Wet’n Wild is specially made with a matte, light-diffusing complex to help prevent white cast in photos and give your skin #nofilter perfection. Here’s a detailed review of this new foundation by the lovely Muse.
16. Milani Spotlight Face & Eye Strobe Palette ($13) – This pretty little highlighter-bronzer-blush trio of light-reflecting glow powders can be used individually to add radiance to your cheeks or eyes and can also be swirled together with a fluffy brush to get an all-over glow. The strobing palette comes in three color options – Sun Light, Candle Light and Golden Light. Doesn’t it look like a mini version of the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette?
17. Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor ($8.99) – I have been a longtime fan of Revlon’s lippies (their super lustrous range is my all-time favorite!) but it’s been a while they’ve had an exciting lipstick release. This one does seem to be pretty good though! Available in 15 bold & beautiful shades, this is a lightweight lipstick infused with hyaluronic acid for an intensely hydrating formula. The high-pigment full coverage formula glide on easily and leave behind a glossy, balm-like smooth finish. Check out my review and swatches here.
Which of these new products are you most excited to try?
Shop this post…