nude lipsticks are an absolute must-have. No matter what the season is, you can’t go wrong with a great nude lipstick! It’s the kind of lipstick shade that enhances your natural lip color and adds a little punch….every girl needs to have at least one or two!For an everyday look that’s casually cute,
A nude lip is something that everyone can pull off but very few shades can flatter every skin tone…nude lipsticks are not one-size-fits-all! A nude lip color that’s right for fair skin tones might end up giving a too pale or washed out effect on deeper skin. Wondering how to find the perfect nude lipstick that flatters your skin tone? Remember, nude lips look best when the color is slightly lighter or darker than your complexion, rather than an exact match. It lights up your face and can make you look demure or sexy, depending on its tone and finish!
While some of the best nude lipsticks can be pretty costly, luckily the local drugstores come stocked with a great selection of nude lip colors that you can score for less than $10! Today I am spotlighting the best drugstore nude lipsticks for medium skin (with warm undertones) like mine.
From golden beige to rosy tan, these easy-to-wear nude lipsticks are not too pale, not too beige – they’re just right for light tan to medium tone complexions! Get one, get them all…because who doesn’t want to slay in the perfect nude hue without spending a fortune!
Perfect for a chic & effortless glam look, here are the best drugstore nude lipsticks for fair-medium olive skin tones. Read on to find your go-to shades…
1. Burt’s Bees Lipstick in Suede Splash – A medium brownish mauve nude. It’s also quite moisturizing, thanks to the natural formula with moringa and red raspberry oils, making it an affordable indulgence.
2. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Lip Paint in Nude Star – A caramel-toned warm nude. Not to mention, this glossy nude liquid lipstick has a creamy, hydrating feel that is much appreciated by my winter-worn lips!
3. Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick in Give me Mocha – A rose-y nude brown. The matte liquid lipstick formula is super pigmented…one swipe is all it takes for opaque coverage. For under $5, it’s a must try!
4. Maybelline Color Jolt intense lip paint in Stripped Down – A dusky rose nude. The pigment-packed formula is creamy smooth and lightweight, so you get the best bang for your buck!
5. NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Soft Spoken – A gorgeous mauve nude. It’s perfect for adding a subtle pop of color and is comfortably long-wearing. This universally flattering shade complements most skin tones beautifully, from fair to medium-dark.
6. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in Forever – A brownish-pink shade with a subtle mauve undertone. It’s a fairly long-lasting semi-matte nude that can be worn opaque or sheer.
7. NYX Lip Lingerie in Bedtime Flirt – A peachy nude with a touch of spice. The full-on matte finish is elegantly smooth and packs plenty of pigment! Another of my Lip Lingerie favs is Ruffle Trim, a cinnamon pink shade that’s perfect for added oomph!
8. Rimmel Provocalips 16hr Kissproof Lipstick in Make Your Move – A brown toned rose pink. This is another “my lips but better” shade for me…looks effortless and easily pulls my whole look together. The formula is amazing too so it’s a winner all around!
9. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Statement Nude – A brown toned nude with pink undertones. It has the perfect balance of pink and brown to give the lips a little color while still looking natural. Another of my favorites is Bare Attraction, a peachy nude that plays up the warmth of olive medium complexions!
10. Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes Lipstick in Almond Rose – A medium warm mauve rose. The creamy matte formula is pretty comfortable to wear and does not feel drying. Another shade that’s right up my alley is Raw Chocolate, a warm cinnamon brown that’s vibrant but not too dark making it suitable for everyday wear.
11. Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color in Nude Flush – A soft pinkish nude that’s the perfect ‘your-lips-but-better’ shade. The formula isn’t your average everyday drying matte so it’s great for those of us with dry lips! There’s another universally flattering neutral in the range called Nude Thrill that’s a true nude with subtle pink undertones.
12. Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor in Desert – A warm peachy nude. It’s a pretty everyday color that gives you a fresh-faced glow! The formula is well-pigmented and quite hydrating as well which is always a plus. I also like another shade called Dawn, a muted mauve-pink neutral that you can wear out and about.
13. Rimmel London Only 1 Matte Lipstick in High Flyer – A dusky mauve pink. This is not a typical nude but still great for a casual everyday look when you want a subtle pop of pink but nothing too flashy. The creamy matte formula is pleasant to wear and fairly long-lasting.
14. Milani Amore Matte Lip Crème in Loved – A warm pinkish brown nude. The formula is super pigmented and completely matte but wears comfortably enough without leaving your lips dried out.
15. L’Oreal Colour Riche Exclusive Lipcolour in Eva’s Nude – A warm, earthy brown toned nude. Designed especially for brunettes with golden based medium skin tones, this shade has a hint of gold for a subtly sun-kissed radiant look!
In case you need a little more nude lipstick inspiration, here are some of my favorite articles to check out :
Found: The Best Nude Lipsticks for Every Skin Tone (drugstore to high-end)
Celebrity Makeup Artists Pick the Best Nude Lipsticks for Every Skin Tone (from Jennifer Aniston and J.Lo to Viola Davis)
What are your must-have drugstore nude lipsticks? I would love to hear all about your favorites in the comments below!
Shop this post…