• Waterproof mascara is a good choice for smudge-proof eye makeup but it’s not always easy to take off . You can act smart and apply a coat of regular mascara first and then top it with a layer of waterproof kind. That way the waterproof formula locks onto the other mascara instead of your eyelashes and much easier to remove.
• Exfoliate your lips before applying lipstick for a smooth application that stays longer too. Use your toothbrush or a damp wash cloth to scrub off the dry skin layer and then apply lip color. It’s a good idea to first coat your lips with a layer of clear lip balm and then apply lipstick – this way your lip color glides on easier and stays in place.
• This one is inspired from my mom since she used to do it all the time – layer your current lip shades to create new pretty options. Try to combine brown and pink to get a rose shade or whatever you have on hand – it’s fun! This gives you extra mileage with your existing lip colors before you get bored and hit the cosmetic counter for new ones.
• Shine is good but not on your face. It’s all the more a problem in summers. Dust a transluscent face powder like MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder
to keep the shine away especially from your T-zone. This talc-free colorless powder mattifies your look without drying but make sure to use a light hand.
• If you want a long lasting and smooth layer of foundation or makeup, do not forget primer. A pea-sized dot is what you need to apply before foundation and concealer and it will do the trick! You can also try to dab a small dot before applying eye shadow when you want it to last through the night.And if you are planning to wear a skin revealing dress, smooth on makeup primer on your arms or legs to get that slight shine. The light diffusers in primers work to even out and enhance your skin tone.