The weather may still be a little on the chilly side, but with the first day of spring right around the corner (hello, sunshine!), it’s time to welcome the blooming flowers by switching to an enchanting, fresh fragrance. Like every year, there are tons of new fragrance options this spring/summer season, ranging from fresh florals and earthy greens to sensual orientals! I’ve narrowed things down to 7 of my favorites. Here’s my take on what they’re like – and why you’d like them. Think of this post as your shopping wish list, guiding you through the best new fragrances for spring 2016!
Dump your heady winter scents and go steady with one of these fresh, invigorating spring fragrances….
1. Capri Vince Camuto – One part fruity, one part floral, this new fragrance is all fun, thanks to an upbeat citrus blend of Pink Grapefruit and Juicy Pear wash over a floral bouquet of Peach Blossom and Violet Flower to reveal a rich mixture of Musk and Vanilla. Like a cool breeze off the Mediterranean Sea, the floral fruity aroma instantly makes me feel at ease. It’s the perfect keep-at-your-desk scent for an instant pick-me-up anytime of the day!
2. Guerlain ‘Aqua Allegoria – Pera Granita’ Fragrance – For those of us who tend to veer away from the floral category, this new fruity, green blend by Guerlain is a cheerful fragrance inspired by the most thirst-quenching of all summer desserts: granita. The idea is a clear and bright impression of a summer treat! The exquisite pale pink elixir opens up with sparkling, zesty fresh notes of bergamot, grapefruit, and juicy pear while osmanthus, apricot and white musk, enrich the fragrance with their velvety tones.
3. CLEAN Blossom – This is one my favorite CLEAN fragrances ever! Master perfumer Claude Dir based the scent on one of his favorite flowers, Orange Blossom, and he was inspired by the French Riviera, the Italian Coast, and the wild deserts of Arizona. With an uplifting, vibrant blend of Tunisian neroli, rain lily, orange blossom, magnolia and sandalwood, this gorgeous fragrance is PERFECTION for a neroli fan like me…it’s like Spring in a bottle!
4. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Blush – Daisy’s latest limited edition blend is a lively bouquet of lush florals rose, lily of the valley, violet leaves and freesia that mirrors the exact aroma you catch walking past a flower shop, complemented by clean musks.The flacon design is a fresh mix of daisies in bloom, awash in sheer pink with satin-finished petals. It’s a flirty, romantic scent perfect for a day-date!
5. Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Verte – If it were possible to bottle up the perfect spring morning, it would smell pretty close to this easygoing scent which starts out soft with notes of dewey greens and jasmine, then allows the dewy aroma of lily of the valley to take center stage, tempered by the notes of white cedar and musk. The fragrance is presented in a beautiful glass bottle with a fretwork top and green accents.
6. Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Rosa Excelsa – Inspired by the aroma of rose petals in bloom, D & G’s newest fragrance smells every bit as gorgeous as it looks, mixing charmingly rich African dog rose and intense pink-flowered Turkish rose with airy fresh florals like neroli leaves, white water lily and white daffodil bouquet, and musky cashmeran and earthy sandalwood in the base. This isn’t your mother’s old-school rose fragrance…it’s fresh, chic & feminine and has great lasting power as well.
7. Victoria’s Secret Citrus Eau de Parfum – If you gravitate towards citrusy scents, then consider Victoria’s Secret new Trend Collection your new go-to! With four new exclusive essences from fruity fresh to green and oriental with a sexy twist on citrus, this new fragrance collection has something for everyone. The Pink Pummelo (grapefruit, lavender and comoros flower) and Amber Mandarin (amber, lemon zest, tango mandarin and passionflower) are right up my alley!
Which one of these fragrances is calling your name?
P.S. Does your perfume fades fast? Or is your favorite fragrance a little weak? Here’s a genius tip on How To Make Your Fragrance Last Longer!