One of the best perks of being a beauty editor is that I get to try and discover fantastic new products all the time! From makeup to skincare to fragrance and more, I test out new products every week. Despite my rapidly growing supply of beauty products, there are a few that stand out and manage to secure their spot in my beauty routine. Today I am talking about some of my current favorites…none of these are brand new releases but they are new-to-me and definitely deserve the praise!
1. ILIA Beauty Vivid Foundation – Infused with healing botanicals like rose hip, cranberry seed oil and coconut, this is a hydrating foundation that’s great for normal to dry skin like mine. It’s not super lightweight but doesn’t feel heavy either after blending in. The soft whipped formula blends easily offering buildable, medium to almost full coverage and adds a natural radiance to the skin.
I love its subtle glow factor which is quite minimal and just looks like natural skin, which is exactly what I look for in a foundation. This will definitely be one of my go-to foundations in fall/winter months!
I’ve also been loving ILIA Beauty’s Silken Shadow Sticks that glide on easily for a velvety wash of metallic color. A sheer wash of these over the lid and a couple coats of black mascara is a gorgeous (and quick!) look I’ve been a big fan of lately! The amber rose (Next To You) and versatile ash brown (Age of Consent) shades are my favorite shades!
2. L’Occitane Aromachologie Sublime Repairing Oil ($26) – With a unique blend of five essential oils and Provitamin B5, this is a shine enhancing hair oil formulated to nourish dry and damaged hair. I use it on my freshly-washed, damp hair before blow drying and it makes them less frizzy, more manageable and smoother, without any greasy build-up. And I love its sweet flowery scent! It can also be used as a pre-shampoo product on dry hair…you can leave it on overnight or just for a few hours.
3. Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Eyeshadow Palette – I’ve had this palette for a few months now. Like a good blogger, I had also photographed it but never got to posting about it. Well, better late than never! With nine gorgeous matte and shimmer shades, this is a lovely palette to have on hand for everything from soft to sultry looks for day to night.
Most of the shades in the palette are warm neutrals, which are right up my alley, especially the peachy gold and golden bronze! There’s also that vibrant violet for a pop of color. This palette launched in the Spring this year and I think it’s limited edition but still available at Ulta if you are interested. It’s worth checking out if you love warmer neutrals!
4. CerumWORX Night Serum – Formulated to renew the appearance of skin from visible effects of sun and environmental damage, this anti-aging serum combines the power of Retinol + Resveratrol with the slow time-release benefits of Microsponge delivery technology. It comes in convenient, single-use pearly white capsules so you get fresh product with each application…aren’t they pretty?
Not only does it contain proven antioxidants but also natural lipids and smoothing agents for a gentle, non-irritating formulation. The super-lightweight serum formula absorbs instantly and feels like silk on my skin. It also works great as a primer for makeup…this is good stuff!
5. Mychelle Replenishing Solar Defense SPF 30 – This mineral-based SPF moisturizer has quickly become a new favorite of mine! I love how it hydrates while being lightweight and despite the 13.5% zinc oxide formulation, it doesn’t leave a white cast at all!! It feels just a little bit sticky when applying but that stickiness goes away right after it’s absorbed quickly into the skin.
Another plus is that the formula is natural (made without GMO, parabens, petroleum, phthalates, and artificial fragrances). It contains an impressive blend of nourishing & soothing ingredients like Kukui and Macadamia Nut oils to restore moisture balance and help reduce visible lines. It’s also cruelty-free!
Have you tried any of these products? I would love to hear about what you’ve been loving lately!
Disclosure: I received some of these products for editorial consideration.