Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Protector Finishing Powder SPF 25 Review
Oct 28, 2010 by Harshleen
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Protector Finishing Powder SPF 25 was launched this summer as an addition to Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind collection. I recently picked it up on impulse probably because I had really good results with the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer.
What does the product description say?
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Protector Finishing Powder with SPF 25 and anti-oxidant Goji Berry goes beyond basic powder to fight the signs of aging as it delivers flawless-looking skin. Weightless formula feels comfortable and doesn’t dry out skin leaving it soft and smooth.
According to my experience, this pressed powder from Maybelline lives up to most of its claims.
Pros of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Finishing powder
• This pressed powder sets your makeup and controls shine without any drying or chalky feeling.
• Long staying power due to highly absorbent ingredients (but does not get too matte)
• Does not darken or turn orangish on skin after a few hours and stays neutral.
• SPF 25 broad spectrum sunscreen (a light dusting of powder cannot
replace your sunscreen but this is great as an extra protection and
touch ups during the day)
• Reasonably priced
• Smooth texture that blends very well into skin and has a soft matte finish (suitable for normal to oily skin)
• Very fine shimmer that is hardly detectable but gives a nice glow
• No fragrance
• Powder puff and mirror included in the compact for easy touch ups anytime
Cons of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Finishing powder
• Packaging needs improvement so that there is no need to flip back and
forth between the powder and mirror in two separate compartments.
• Claims to be an Anti aging product with goji berry extract which
being an antioxidant cannot remain stable in this powder compact.
• It is talc based so if you want to avoid that, it’ probably not for you.
• Provides light to medium coverage, not recommended if you are looking
for a full cover
Overall, I am very happy with this finishing powder. I got this in Classic Beige which is a really good match for my NC25 skin. I even use it on days when I am not wearing any foundation and simply need to polish up a bit or keep the shine away.
Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream
Posted on May 24, 2013
5 Natural Bath & Body Products For Kids
Posted on May 16, 2013
SPF Delight – Neova DNA Damage Control Everyday SPF 44
Posted on May 13, 2013
Go Orange May 6th! Plus 6 Sunscreens to Survive Summer Giveaway
Posted on May 6, 2013