7 Beach Bag Beauty Essentials
Jul 2, 2013 by Harshleen
So you’re hitting the beach for your vacation? But before you go, make sure to stock your beach bag with these affordable beauty essentials to handle whatever the sandy shores send your way!
1. Sunscreen : This one is a no-brainer. Remember: UVA = aging and UVB = burning when it comes to good ole’ sunshine so don’t even think of leaving home for time surfside without a sunscreen! For the beach, you need a heavy-duty waterproof SPF formula of at least 45.
Try Paula’s Choice Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 50 Not only will this antioxidant rich suncreen not clog your pores, but it’s also very water-resistant with a smooth matte finish. Still if you’re going to spend an extended period of time outside, make sure to reapply. For those who prefer water-resistant SPF sprays, CeraVe Wet Skin Spray SPF 50 is a great option. It’s oil-free and also keeps your skin hydrated, thanks to ingredients like ceramides and hyaluronic acid.
2. Moisturizing Lip Balm with SPF : Your lips can get dry and cracked after a day of fun in the sun. So be sure to protect your pout from sun damage by packing a moisturizing lip balm with SPF. If you choose a tinted formula that also offers some color, you’ll be protecting and perfecting your pout at the same time!
Try Elemental Herbs All Good Lips Tinted lip balm SPF 18 (from zinc oxide)
3. Dry Shampoo : A day out in the elements can leave your hair greasy and limp so a volumizing dry shampoo is a must for a quick pick-me-up! Great for days when you want to rock a high ponytail or chic loose chignon as it helps to provide texture while soaking up excess scalp oil. It’s also great to add to your roots for a burst of volume to just washed hair.
Try New York Streets Dry Shampoo – This ultra-light paraben and sulfate free formula absorbs excess oil and product build-up and boosts volume instantly. The colorless spray is suitable for all hair colors, and best of all – no white residue, brunettes! Hair is left feeling clean and full of body with a gorgeous fresh scent!
4. After Sun Lotion – After a long day at the beach, your skin deserves some extra TLC. So take a minute to soothe your skin by slathering on an after sun care lotion with healing and moisturizing properties.
Try Burt’s Bees Aloe Linden Flower After Sun Soother This intensely hydrating yet quick absorbing lotion is specially formulated to replenish and relieve skin after prolonged sun exposure. It’s packed with aloe extract to heal, Linden extract, a natural antioxidant to soothe and neutralize skin from damaging free radicals and coconut oil to nourish for soft, healthy and revived skin, naturally!
5. Leave-in Conditioner – The hot sun and harsh saltwater will rob your hair of moisture, so a good replenishing conditioner is a must-have!
Try Alterna Bamboo Beach Summer Sun Recovery Spray This multitasking spritz contains organic Bamboo Extract and Tahitian Coconut to revitalize sun-parched hair for a sultry summer look. Not only does it infuse moisture and detangles but also has antioxidants for protection and to enhance shine and vibrancy while protecting hair against color fade with Color Hold Technology. The natural formula is free of sulfates, parabens and phthalates and smells delicious with its Brazilian mango & coconut milk summer fragrance!
6. Self tanner/Bronzer – For a quick ticket to a safe, believable bronze, look no further than a self-tanning lotion or tinted body spray.
Try Victoria’s secret Beach Sexy Self-Tanning Tinted Lotion with pure avocado oil that gives skin an immediate golden glow and develops into a lasting, natural-looking tan within hours or Victoria’s Secret Beach Sexy Instant Bronzing Tinted Body Spray for an instant bronze tint that helps blur the look of imperfections while smelling intoxicatingly good!
7. Soothing Cleansing Wipes - Decide to take a dip but realize you still have your made up face on? Save yourself from some serious potential raccoon eyes by packing wet cleansing wipes, to take that gunk off easily and quickly. Also handy after a day of beach volleyball or lying out in the sand to wipe dirt and grime off your face.
Try Nature’s Beauty Age Defying Towelettes that are formulated to get rid of dirt, oil and makeup, and have Vitamin E, aloe vera and calendula extract to gently cleanse and soothe your skin. These natural wipes are free of any synthetic preservatives or fragrances, parabens, alcohol and sulfates and are not tested on animals.Disclosure : Some of the products featured in this article have been provided for editorial consideration.
Obiqo Gentle Face Wash and Silky Body Butter with Marine Extracts
Posted on Nov 6, 2013
Taya Buriti Nut Intensive Repair Haircare Collection Review and Giveaway! (open internationally)
Posted on Nov 4, 2013
Amarte Daily Wonder Cleansing Foam
Posted on Nov 1, 2013
Arganesse Hair Treatment – Review and Giveaway (open internationally!)
Posted on Oct 28, 2013