Check out some of my favorites to brighten up for summer.
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Face Primer
– Primer is always helpful if you want flawless, long lasting makeup but the summer heat puts it in the ‘not-to-forget’ list to keep your makeup from melting away. Just apply a little bit to moisturized skin before your foundation. This one has a silky, lightweight formula (so you won’t feel the extra layer on your skin) but you will find that your makeup and blush last much longer. Gives you a matte finish (perfect for summer heat) and also minimizes the look of pores and fine lines.
Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20 produces equally great results as the Loreal face primer but with the added sunscreen protection so it’s perfect for those long summer days!
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
– Just as your face primer, this shadow base is a must for pretty eyeshadow color that lasts long. You just need to smooth on a thin coating before applying your normal shadow on top. The result – no creasing and a more vibrant and lasting eyeshadow.
NARS The Multiple Multi-Purpose Stick
– As the weather heats up, sheer cream blush and shadow work better as compared to the powdered ones (powder tends to cake in the heat). The creamy formula sinks into your skin and gives you a natural glowing color that doesn’t smudge or fade. As the name suggests, this all-over color stick by Nars offers translucent color shades for eyes, cheeks and lips for an overall natural flush. They have a great variety of shades to choose from – peachy pink, coral pink, shimmery brown and many more!
Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder
– This colorless tranluscent powder sets your makeup for a lovely sheer finish and keeps away the shine across your T-Zone. Lightly dust over foundation or wear alone to even out the complexion. If you have oily skin, you must try this – makes your skin feel smooth and slighty mattifies without being dry. Also great for touch-ups whenever you need it!
Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15
– Not in the mood for lipstick? This is the perfect lip ‘service’ for summer! Even lip gloss feels can feel a little sticky when it’s hot. Moreover, dermatologists are warning that shiny gloss may increase your risk for cancer, since the shine causes more UV rays to penetrate directly through the skin instead of getting reflected off the skin’s surface. The Fresh sugar lip balm glides on nicely with a rosy pink tint and keeps your lips smooth & moisturized. SPF15 is a bonus!
Colorescience Sunforgettable Orb SPF 30 Perfectly Clear 0.52oz
– With its clear powder formula, this is a great product especially for those of you who ditch sunscreen to avoid the greasy sunscreen feeling. Now you can cover up your skin with this hip’ n handy sunscreen that offers broad spectrum (Titanium dioxide, zinc oxide) protection and is also water-resistant.
Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
– No time for shampoo today? You can easily freshen up your hair and get rid of greasiness with this oil-absorbing dry shampoo. Also great to make your blowout last longer for a day or two. Its lightweight formula brightens unwashed hair without leaving a residue.
Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish
– Now this one is for all seasons and works well to nourish the skin and prevent moisture loss. Its real brown sugar crystals (that are natural humectants) gently buff away dry skin cells and a great blend of primrose, sweet almond, and jojoba oil deeply moisturize dry areas. Gives your skin an amazing soft n smooth feel!