1. Instead of using a regular Facewash in winter, try this natural cleanser at night. Take some milk and add 5-6 drops of almond oil and then apply this mixture on your face using a soft wash cloth. Rinse with water and follow with your favorite toner and moisturizer.
2. If your skin is dry and flaky, use a gentle exfoliant and a hydrating primer before you apply your foundation. This way the foundation lasts and looks freshly applied for a much longer time. For oily skin, a mattifying primer will do the trick!
3. To get rid of pimples, apply a paste of curd and gram flour over affected area and wash off after it is dried completely. It reduces the redness/itchiness and clears the skin. Repeat a few times as required. For more stubborn spots or immediate relief, try using Shiseido pureness blemish clearing gel.
4. Daily use of an effective exfoliating lotion with 2 % salicylic acid clears the clogged pores to reduce pore size and minimizes blackheads. Try Neutrogena oil free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment (although the name suggests usage mainly for acne, it is a great option for anyone with large pores on face)
5. Avoid cosmetics that contain skin irritants like menthol, camphor, witch hazel, peppermint or are highly fragranced. The cooling sensation from some of these ingredients might feel good but they tend to increase skin sensitivity to Sun and other environmental factors.