Here are some simple tips to keep your makeup hassle-free & looking fresh all day!
- To ensure your lipstick stays on for a long time without cracking, dab a thin coat of concealer on your lips and then apply lipstick over it. This little trick also enhances the lipstick color and it shows up nice & bright! If you are opting for bright shades like red and fuschia, apply a light layer of your lip color first and then dust your lips with translucent face powder before applying a second layer. This step keeps the lipstick from feathering or straying and the color also lasts much longer without fading.
- In order to get the most natural-looking blush application, put blush on first and then concealer or foundation, this way it looks more like (the color) is coming from within the skin. And remember that your blush and lip color should be in the same color family to look more natural (so pinks with pink, bronze with bronze, peach with peach, etc)
- Apply some loose powder with a puff on your under eye area when using dark eyeshadows or shimmery eyeshadows, so your base won’t be ruined if there’s fallout. You can just dust it all off with a powder brush when you’re done.
- To brighten up your eyes, line your inner lower lash rims with a pearly or white eye pencil (like Benefit’s eye bright or Tarte Emphaseyes Inner rim brightener). It makes you look more awake and refreshed. Dark colors lining the lower lash line can emphasize any dark circles.
- Always apply your mascara after you apply your eyeshadow and eyeliner. This way you are less likely to overdo or disturb the mascara and therefore less chances of flaking.