Mineral Fusion Mineral SPF 40 Facial Moisturizer is a natural moisturizing sunscreen fortified with anti-aging peptides and minerals. I had noticed Mineral Fusion products at my local Whole Foods but never tried anything from this natural skincare and cosmetics line. However, this new SPF moisturizer caught my eye the other day and I decided to give it a try.
Product Description : Mineral Fusion Cosmetics Mineral SPF 40 Facial Moisturizer shields your skin from UVA and UVB rays while combating the signs of aging. Magnesium, copper and zinc combine to stimulate skin cells and combat premature aging while a clinically tested peptide minimizes the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Shea butter and glycerin seal in moisture, for comfortable all-day hydration.
Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide – 7.5%, Zinc Oxide – 5.0%. Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Vegetable Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Mineral-Peptide Blend (Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, And Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Allantoin, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Soy Lecithin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Rosemary Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Bark Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Alaria Esculenta (Sea Kelp), Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol.
Pros of Mineral Fusion SPF 40 Facial Moisturizer
- Provides long-lasting and reliable broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with mineral sunscreen agents Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide
- The high SPF 40 is great for summers or whenever you need to be outdoors for a long time
- Also works as a daily anti-aging moisturizer with antioxidants (to help defend against free radical damage) and other skin benefiting ingredients like hyaluronic acid and mineral-peptide blend.
- The formula is free of any synthetic fragrances and is gentle enough for use on sensitive skin. Also, does not sting or irritate skin when used around the delicate eye area.
- Keeps my dry skin hydrated all day long without the grease factor.
- No jar packaging
Cons of Mineral Fusion SPF 40 Facial Moisturizer
- The consistency of this facial moisturizer is a little thick and pasty so it feels a bit heavy on skin especially in these summer days. In my opinion, it won’t be very suitable for those with oily skin even though it is said to be suitable for all skin types.
- Takes a little extra time to blend in properly and leaves a slightly shiny finish. Also, it has that initial whiteness typical of mineral sunscreens but that dissipates after being absorbed.
Overall, count me impressed with Mineral Fusion Mineral SPF 40 Facial Moisturizer. Not only does it defend skin from UV damage with a high SPF factor but also revitalizes with its blend of potent anti-aging ingredients. The mineral-based gentle and emollient formula is just perfect for my dry, sensitive skin! Sometimes I have to use a bit of finishing powder to take care of the slightly shiny finish but that’s okay considering that the formulation works very well for me otherwise. I will be buying it again and totally recommend if you have normal to dry skin. It is also well-priced at $25.00 for a 3.4 oz tube. You can also get a $3off coupon on their Facebook Page.
Mineral Fusion products are free of parabens, SLS, talc, phthalates, artificial colors and synthetic fragrances. Available at Dermstore and also at Whole Foods stores.
What’s you favorite SPF moisturizer for summers? Will you be trying Mineral Fusion SPF 40 Facial Moisturizer? Do tell!