Here are some fun DIY Holiday Hair Dos for all of your holiday parties – from the top stylists at the Robert Stuart Salon in New York.
The Top Knot, similar to the Carrie Bradshaw moment
– Brush out your hair so that it’s nice and smooth
– Flip your head over and put your hair in a high ponytail at the top of your head and secure with a hair tie. (Use a hair tie color closest to your hair color)
– Twist, braid, or simply wrap your ponytail hair around the hair tie to create a smooth “knot” and secure with a second hair tie.
– Use bobby pins to secure any loose pieces.
– Spray with a little bit of hairspray and use to smooth out any frizzies.
– Create a deep side part when hair is wet
– Then blow dry hair using hands.
– Next, with a one 1/4 inch curling iron, curl your hair.
– Then pull your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, leaving a few pieces in front to frame the face.
– Secure with a piece of hair from the underneath by wrapping it around the base of the ponytail; this creates a beautiful, clean hold.
**You can also pull your hair into a chignon
For Half up do :
– Once hair is dried, used a one inch curling iron and curled from the bottom of the hair to create tousled undone waves.
– Leaving a few pieces in front to frame the face, pull the hair from the sides to the center and secure with bobby pins.
– Leave the rest of the hair down, in front of the shoulders to keep the look modern.
– To secure the look, apply Hairspray to maintain the look.