Elf Camo Hydrating CC Cream is a new full-coverage, color-correcting foundation with a glowy finish and SPF 30 protection. Infused with Hyaluronic acid, Vitamin B5 and Tremella Mushroom, it promises to provide an extra boost of moisture for hydrated, dewy skin.
Elf Camo Hydrating CC Cream comes in 30 shades and the shade lineup is divided into 6 numbered ranges: Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, Deep and Rich as well as warm, cool and neutral undertones to help you find your match. I tried the shade Light 240 W (described as Light with warm undertones)
First off, I am not a fan of the original Elf Camo CC Cream because it felt and looked really dry on my skin and I didn’t love the finish at all. But when I saw this new ‘hydrating’ version of Camo CC Cream at Ulta Beauty recently, I couldn’t resist picking it up. I wanted to try and see if it works better for my dry skin!
And honestly, somehow I was also hoping (way too optimistically I guess!!) that this new hydrating CC cream might be very similar to IT Cosmetics CC+Nude glow which is my holy grail foundation!
Did it live up to my expectations though? Keep reading to find out!
What I like about Elf Camo Hydrating CC Cream:
- It contains skin-loving ingredients like Vitamin B5, Hyaluronic acid and Tremella Mushroom.
- It feels lightweight on my skin and blends easily providing buildable medium coverage. I didn’t find it to be full coverage (as the brand claims) but that’s not an issue for me.
- The formula is well-pigmented and 1-2 pumps is all I need to get great medium coverage (which covers most of my imperfections)
- When used with a hydrating primer, it gives me a natural satin finish.
- The coverage feels breathable/comfortable and stays put all day long
- The formula is fragrance-free
What I don’t like about Elf Camo Hydrating CC Cream:
- The shade I tried Light 240 W (Light with warm undertones) is way too yellow on me and also a bit lighter for my skin tone. I have a light-medium skintone but there are no shade options for that, and the shade range just skips from Light to Medium. For the original Camo CC cream, I had gotten the shade Medium 330W which was too dark (as well as too yellow) for me. So yeah, I am disappointed with elf’s shade range options. I even used Ulta’s shade finder this time but still couldn’t find the perfect match.
- I didn’t find the formula particularly hydrating, even though it claims to be! Not to mention, it doesn’t give my skin a glow or dewy finish as promised. This new version is not as drying as the original Camo CC cream, but I still don’t feel like it’s hydrating enough for my really dry skin.
- On my dry skin, the finish of this CC cream is not as beautifully smooth, even and flawless as compared to some of my favorite hydrating foundations. It tends to accentuate some of the fine lines and texture on my cheeks, especially if I forget to apply a hydrating primer before this.
So, overall the Elf Camo Hydrating CC Cream didn’t work very well for me mainly because of the shade mismatch and also the formula is not hydrating enough for my dry skin…even though I loved how lightweight and pigmented it is! It might work better for me in summer months when my skin is not so dry, but currently it’s a no-go for me.
I wouldn’t recommend the Elf Camo Hydrating CC Cream if you also have dry and mature (40+) skin like mine with some texture and large pores. However, I think it might be a good choice for those with normal to combination/oily skin.
Have you tried this new hydrating CC cream yet? Did you like it?