Hello, summer! It’s finally time to break out your bikini, cutest flip flops and comfy sundresses because the pool season has arrived! But if you are not careful, all those UV rays, heat, humidity, and chlorine can do a number on your skin, causing breakouts, sunburns and other skin woes. I honestly try to make skincare more of a priority during the summer because of all the additional time I spend outdoors…and you should too!
Here are some of my skincare favorites to keep your skin looking healthy and glowing all summer long…
1. Olay Regenerist Regenerating Lotion with Sunscreen SPF 50 ($25.99) – It offers high level of sun protection that feels like a silky, lightweight moisturizer rather than a heavy, occlusive sunscreen. This sunscreen feels wonderfully light yet makes skin feel smooth, moisturized, and protected and works beautifully under makeup. Plus, it contains an impressive blend of antioxidants…score!
2. Farmhouse Fresh Wine Down Overnight Super Antioxidant Recovery Serum ($55) – Loaded with a concentrated cocktail of potent antioxidants and viatmins, this burgundy-hued overnight anti-aging serum is like a super food for a healthy face! The antioxidants help reduce environmental and oxidative damage to the body and prmotes cellular growth. You won’t feel this weightless serum, but you’ll love its skin smoothing & rejuvenating benefits! The 85% natural, vegan formula is free of gluten, parabens, sulfates and mineral oil.
3. Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser ($7.59) – Summer breakouts is a common problem, thanks to the sticky humidity and extreme rays. This salicylic acid based soap-free cleanser works in two ways to clear up your complexion fast. First, exfoliating micro beads gently sweep away dead surface skin and then the alpha-hydroxy formula penetrates deep into pores to remove dirt, oil and makeup…all clear!
4. Vichy Normaderm Total Mat Anti-Shine Mattifier ($25) – Summer skin is oily skin for many of us which can lead to clogged pores and extra shine. This hydrating, oil-free gel mattifier with “blotting paper effect” treats imperfections while controlling shine for an all-day clean skin feeling. Contains salicylic acid, perlite and polytrap micro-powder to absorb excess sebum and humidity.
5. Solar Protection LipTect SPF 45 Lip Balm ($7.99) – Your lips need sunscreen too! LipTect contains mineral sunblocks zinc oxide and titanium dioxide for complete sun protection from UVA and UVB. It’s an elegant and moisturizing formula that fades to a natural tone and is suitable for sensitive skin types. Paraben and gluten free. Also water resistant (80 minutes)
6. Paula’s Choice Hydralight Shine-Free Daily Mineral Complex with SPF 30 ($24) – Anti-aging without the shine! Perfect for those who prefer gentle, mineral-based sun protection, this lightweight lotion leaves a soft matte finish that works even for combination to oily skin types. Its smooth texture applies easily and works beautifully around the eyes and under makeup. Packed with soothing anti-irritants and antioxidants, it’s also a great choice for sensitive skin and those struggling with rosacea.
7. Osmotics skincare Lighten FX Serious Brightening Solution ($68) – Dealing with hyperpigmentation? This triple action formula features niacinamide to brighten, moisturize and smooth and Alpha Arbutin to target melanin production and prevent future discoloration. It visibly lightens and brightens uneven skin tone, discoloration and aging brown spots, while helping to prevent sun damage. It’s also perfect for blemish scars and is completely non-irritating. The ultra light, silky lotion is suitable for all skin types and can be used on the face, hands and body.
8. CeraVe Renewing SA Cream ($22.99) – Keep your feet looking low-maintenance pretty by applying this rich cream at bedtime and sleep with socks on if possible. Developed to exfoliate, soften and smooth extremely dry, rough skin, the formula combines the exfoliating power of salicylic acid and ammonium lactate. In just a week or so, your feet will be noticeably smoother and sandal-ready, and you won’t have to pumice nearly as much. You can do the same thing to smooth dry elbows and knees.
So these are my summer skincare saviors! Check out more tips to Summerize Your SkincareDisclosure : Some of the products above were provided for editorial consideration