One of my absolute favorite nail colors to wear for all seasons but especially Fall/winter is gold. I love gold polish shades that are light, metallic and opaque – shades like these are classy and sophisticated but also trendy. If you’re looking for something a little more flashy for a fun night out, there are gold polishes that are super pigmented, featuring shimmer and glitter. Another fabulous way to add a little bling to your manicure this holiday season is to add a topcoat with chunky gold glitter over your other favorite polishes.
Whether you like to go for a full-on gold manicure like me or prefer just a gold accent nail or a few nail art accents, here are 10 new gorgeous gold nail polishes worth trying out this season!
1. Dior Nail Enamel in Gold Equinoxe ($27, limited edition) – It’s glitzy and glamorous, but also subtle enough to be worn every day! And the bottle itself is swoonworthy!
2. OPI With A Nice Finn-ish ($9.50) – This is a light, mellowed bronzy gold from the new OPI Nordic Collection. Great for everyday wear!
3. Zoya Alma Nail Lacquer ($9) – A warm golden peach metallic featuring Zoya’s exclusive liquid-metal holographic jelly formula. Perfectly balanced between yellow and orange, this shade flatters most skin tones.
4. Deborah Lippman Autumn in New York ($20) – Gold, gleaming and glossy are the three words that best sum up this beguiling nail polish from Deborah Lippman.
5. Orly Sparkle Nail Lacquer in Bling ($8) – This is a glistening golden bronze with multicolored shimmer…very pretty!
6. Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer in Showgirl ($18) – Another pretty gold glitter polish packed full of glistening flecks of bright gold suspended in a glossy base. It can be worn alone or layered over another heavy metallic shade for a festive look.
7. Guerlain Coque d’Or Vernis Nail Lacquer ($25) This is a soft, metallic shimmering gold with a glossy finish. It’s laced with minute shimmer giving it subtle sparkle and depth – perfect for those with an expensive taste!
8. Essie 2014 Luxeffects Topcoats ($8.50) – Perfect to adorn your nails for the festive holiday season, Essie’s luxeffects have shimmer, dimension and reflection for instant rock at the top glam! Summit of Style is a sparkling bronze and Rock at the top is a sparkling gold topper. Both are perfect for layering over almost anything!
9. Julep Nail Color in Mahima ($14) – Gorgeous amber gold crème. It’s more of a burnished gold, with a hint of duochrome and subtle gold sparkle that is great for everyday wear as the perfect jewel tone.
10. Gucci Bold High-Gloss Lacquer in Metallic Sand ($29) – For a striking addition to your golden army, you can’t go wrong with this metallic rose gold glimmer!