As the bitter cold of winter sets in, it’s the perfect time to heat things up with a new look! Trying out new hairstyles can be just as fun as shopping for some key new pieces this winter. Here are the top five celebrity ‘dos to try out in the New Year, with styling tips from celebrity colorist, Ian McCabe whose clients include national beauty editors, Washington Politicos, and Hollywood celebs like Debra Messing, Many Moore and many more.
Ian’s favorite celebrity hairstyles this winter season:
“At the moment, this is my absolute favorite haircut.”
- The lob is great because it can come in different lengths, shapes, layered, with or without bangs and is at a length where you can either wear your hair up or down.
- Jennifer Aniston’s lob helped pave the way for lobs everywhere. It looks stunning and modern, as Jennifer was one of the first celebrities to start the “in-between look” between short and long hair.
“You can’t go wrong with long layers and long hair will always be in style”
- Longer layers with more texture are very “in” right now as it’s a very simple cut that can be styled straight, curled, wavy, up, or down.
- Blake Lively’s hair looks great because she has several face-framing layers, longer layers throughout, and plenty of texture at the ends. This helps create an effortless, beachy look.
“Bright and bold colors look best when the color is accompanied with a soft and simple hairstyle. “
- From brown, blonde, and lavender, to bright blue – Nicole Richie can pull off any hair color and looks stunning in any & all shades.
- The softness of Nicole’s hairstyle balances out the boldness of her blue hair. One thing I love about Nicole is that she always wears the hair color, it never wears her.
“The bob is the ‘little black dress’ of haircuts as it will never go out of style.”
- The bob tends to highlight one’s facial features, particularly the jawline and cheekbones.
- Emma Robert’s bob highlights her stunning features, especially her cheekbones and jawline. Emma’s bob has an evenly smooth texture, which creates a sleek, polished look.
Soft Ombre is all about the motto “less is more”.
- ￼Sometimes all it takes to create a stunning, effortless look are a few soft properly placed highlights. Kerry’s dark hair is bold and striking therefore, her lighter, toffee strands add softness, which compliments her glowing skin complexion and overall look.
- The lightly colored ends bring in subtle hints of her skin tone, which flatter her complexion and add the finishing touches to Kerry’s polished look.
About Ian McCabe:
Ian McCabe is a highly lauded celebrity colorist who is recognized for his expertise on Balayage. He is the exclusive colorist of fitness guru Tracy Anderson and his a boutique salon located in Washington D.C.’s exclusive West End neighborhood.