With every new year comes a fresh lineup of affordable drugstore makeup & beauty products, and this one has no shortage of excitement! And that’s great news for us budget-conscious beauty addicts!
Ahead, I’ve rounded up some of the hottest new drugstore makeup for 2018 that you’ll want to have on your radar.
From a line of bright & bold metallic liquid lipsticks to creamy powder highlighters and illuminating primers that will keep you glow on point — there are plenty of pretty products that just hit the drugstore shelves!
These drugstore delights are all $20 or less (which is much appreciated after the spendy holiday season!)
1. Wet N Wild MegaGlo Liquid Highlighter ($5.99) – Intense is the name of the game with this hydrating liquid highlighter that delivers a multi-shimmer glow, thanks to its shimmering pearl pigments. According to Temptalia’s review and swatches here, the quality is top notch!
2. Milani Bold Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette ($20) – This luxe palette features an eye-catching collection of 12 high pigment matte and metallic eyeshadows. The shades range includes universal neutrals and rich jewel-tones designed with a velvet-like feel for flawless blending.
3. Maybelline Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara ($7.99) – From the drugstore brand known for its iconic mascaras, this new mascara features a creamy and whipped formula infused with coconut extract to give your lashes bold volume with natural softness.
4. NYX Powder Puff Lippie Powder Lip Cream($8.49) – Featuring a pillowy cushion-applicator, this new Powder Lip Cream goes on mousse-y and sets to a powdery soft matte finish. It comes in eight vibrant shades—from warm peach to true red, and hot pink to cool plum. See the swatches below (from NYX Cosmetics)
5. L’Oreal Brow Stylist Boost & Set Brow Mascara ($9.99) – Available in 4 shades, this brow gel is designed with a precise angled skinny brush to style and set brow hairs. Its gel mousse formula easily glides onto brows to boost volume and set for a thicker brow makeup look. Smudge-proof and water-resistant.
6. L’Oreal Colour Riche Shine Lipcolour ($7.99)- Available in 16 luminous shades, this ultra-rich lipstick provides a radiant glossy finish with a rich color pay-off. The hydrating oil-infused formula leaves lips comfortable and conditioned throughout the wear time.
7. Wet N Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow 10 Pan Palette ($4.99) – Great news for Wet n Wild Color Icon eyeshadow fans! These palettes now come with a brand-new look and two brand new shade selections – Rosé in the Air and Not A Basic Peach that feature a mix of coveted colors, from shimmery daytime hues to sultry shades for cocktail hours.
8. NYX Love You So Mochi Eyeshadow Palette (19.99) – These eyeshadows have a bouncy, marshmallow-like texture inspired by your fave Japanese treat—mochi! They have more of a creamy gel consistency. See the swatches here.
Available in two color combinations (pastels and peach-tones), both palettes feature 10 silky eyeshadows in a range of matte and shimmer finishes.
9. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Plumping Mascara ($8.99) – Enriched with hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, and keratin, this mascara is specially formulated to hydrate and replenish dry, brittle lashes to make them look fuller and longer. Designed to be non-smudging, non-flaking. Safe for contact lens wearers.
10. Flower Beauty In Your Prime Illuminating Primer ($13) – Perfect for dry winter skin, this new radiance boosting primer instantly blurs pores while adding a soft glow to reduce dullness and keeps makeup fresh all day. The formula is also packed antioxidants and Vitamin C to combat daily pollution.
11. L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Glotion ($14.99) – This highlighting glow lotion features a lightweight formula that instantly hydrates and perks up lackluster skin with a healthy radiance! Available in 4 shades from fair to deep, it can be used under or over makeup for an all-over natural glow.
12. NYX Born to Glow Highlighting Palette ($25) – Packed with shimmery pearls, each creamy powder in this highlighter palette spotlights your features with an intense glow. It includes six silky shades which can be applied alone, or layered together for a multidimensional strobe effect.
13. Maybelline City Kits All-in-One Eye & Cheek Palette ($9.99) – From iridescent to edgy matte eyes, each of these all-in-one makeup palettes include eight creamy eyeshadows, one blush, and one highlighter.
14. CoverGirl Melting Pout Metallic Liquid Lipstick ($6.99) – For a high-impact lip look, there’s nothing better than these intensely bold colors. True to the name, the dozen shades look like molten metal, and range from more subdued copper and pink, to electric blue, purple, and yellow.
15. Almay Best Blend Forever Makeup SPF 40 ($13) – Makeup with moisturizing benefits and SPF? Yes, please! Formulated with hydrating hyaluronic acid, this lightweight foundation offers buildable coverage with a comfortable feel. It comes with a built-in, removable blending sponge for an easy application.
16. NYX Always Keepin’ It Tight Eyeliner ($8.99) – Designed specially for waterline, this new retractable pencil eyeliner serves up a soft and silky finish that won’t budge for the ultimate tightline effect. It’s available in six vibrant shades.
17. Milani Hypnotic Lights Powder Highlighter ($12.99) – Available in 4 shades, this silky-smooth, prismatic laced holographic powder is infused with light reflecting pearls for the perfect shimmering glow.
18. Covergirl TruNaked Smoky Shadow Palette ($11) – This 8 pan palette features sultry, smoky shades in multiple finishes from matte to satin to sparkle. Perfect to add drama to your eyes, these smoky neutrals are designed to be mixed and matched.
19. L’Oreal Infallible Matte Lock Primer ($10.99) – This new mattifying primer is an oily skin savior! It smooths & preps skin for makeup skin while helping to control oil locking in a matte finish that lasts all day.
20. Milani Prime Protect SPF 30 Face Primer ($13) – This primer is a fast-absorbing weightless gel that provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection in addition to prepping skin for makeup. Neither chalky nor sticky, this vitamin-enriched primer leaves 0% residue behind.
21. L’Oréal Paris Voluminous X Fiber Mascara ($10.99) – This two-step mascara features an intense black primer on one end and a fiber-infused mascara on the other. First, prime lashes with black primer to build a volumizing base and then apply the mascara for a full lash fringe look.
22. ELF Chromatic Eyeshadow Palette ($12) – With seven color-coordinated, luxe eyeshadows in finishes from matte to metal, this mirrored chromatic eyeshadow palette comes in 2 shade selections.
Posh Peacock has rich turquoise, brown, and champagne shades while, Birds of Paradise is packed with pink, orange, and burgundy hues.
23. Rimmel London Wonder Wing Eyeliner ($9.50) -Ever struggled to achieve symmetrical flicks on both eyes? This richly pigmented 2-in-1 felt-tip black eyeliner with a wing-shaped stamp applicator puts you in control, for perfect cat eye flicks on both sides.
24. Covergirl Vitalist Healthy Powder ($9.99) – This setting powder with built-in hydration delivers moisture and diffuses the look of imperfections without ever looking cakey. The lightweight formula reduces shine as well for a natural look.
25. Covergirl Vitalist Go Glow Luminizing Lotion ($8.99) – Infused with vitamins E, B3 and B5, this lightweight moisturizer with light-reflecting pigments gives your skin a naturally hydrated luminous glow. Available in two shades: light and bronze.
26. Almay Shadow Squads ($6.99) – These shadow squads features one shade in four beautiful finishes – satin, matte, metal and glitter. From flattering neutrals to bold & bright on-trend shades, they come in a range of 15 colors. Wear alone or all together for modern monochrome looks!
27. Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation SPF 20 ($12.99) – Packed with vitamins, antioxidants and hyaluronic acid, this new foundation offers lightweight, buildable medium-to-full coverage with a satin finish. It also promises to brighten, hydrate and improve the appearance of uneven skin tone.
28. Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Un-Nude liquid lipstick ($7.99) – Available in a range of six unconventional neutral shades, this nude liquid lipstick features a unique arrow applicator for precise delivery and promises up to 16 hours of saturated matte lip color.
29. L’Oreal Crushed Foils Metallic Makeup ($9.97) – Available exclusively at Walmart, L’Oreal’s new Crushed Foils Metallic Collection is all about adding luminosity to your makeup routine! The range includes metallic lip glosses with a glittery sheen, metallic eye shadows and metallic highlighters for a radiant glow.
30. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Last Waterproof Pencil Eyeliner ($7.92) – This creamy, waterproof eyeliner promises an easy glide with rich, smudge-resistant color that lasts….even on waterline!
31. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Sweep & Lock Loose Powder ($8.97) – This loose, translucent powder is designed to lock in makeup and control shine all day. With a soft focus matte finish, the micro-fine formula blurs lines and pores as it sets makeup.
32. Maybelline Total Temptation Eyebrow Definer Pencil ($6.99) – With a teardrop-tip to fill and outline eyebrows with precision, this mechanical brow pencil makes it easy to get a softly defined look. It also features a fluffy eyebrow spoolie brush to softly blend for natural-looking brows.
Which of these new drugstore beauty buys are you most excited to try?
Shop this post…