1. Never skip your moisturizer even if you have oily skin (if oily skin is starved of moisture, it will actually become even oilier,so hydration is a must for balancing the oil as well as preventing the lines). Look for a gel based or oil- free moisturizer for oily or acne-prone skin. Apart from keeping your skin supple, moisturizer also acts as a protective barrier from the dry/cold air and other environmental factors.
2. Once a week, gently massage your face with olive oil at bedtime instead of your usual night cream. If your skin is acne-prone, then use olive oil during the day and wash off after 15-20 minutes.
3. Your lips also need exfoliation to keep them soft. Use a soft toothbrush or washcloth (gentle rubbing) every few days and then apply your own DIY lip scrub – brown sugar and a little olive oil. For chapped lips, my tried and tested formula is Paula’s choice Lip Exfoliant with Microbeads.
4. For softer feet, slough off the dead skin with a foot file while taking a shower. At bedtime, treat them with a hydrating moisturizer like Avon Foot Works Overnight Renewing foot cream or Petroleum jelly and cover up with socks.
5. To keep your hair hydrated, add a few drops of sweet almond or olive oil to your regular conditioner and use a deep conditioning mask once a week.
6. If your hair is dry, curly and frizzy, it’s best to shampoo every two to three days instead of every single day. Daily use of shampoo strips your hair of its natural oils leaving it dull and dry.
7. A blast of cold water (or even a cold blast from your blow dryer) at the end of your shower can tame frizz and add shine to your tresses. That’s because cold water seals the cuticle and helps hair maintain moisture. But this fix won’t work if you use flat iron soon afterwards.
And last but not the least. Smile…it always makes you look beautiful!! 🙂