I spotted the new Maybelline Baby Lips SPF 20 Moisturizing Lip Balm ($3.99) at Walgreens last week and couldn’t resist picking up this cute, colorful lippie. It promises 8 hrs of moisture + lip renewal and is available in 6 shades, 2 Clear – Quenched, Peppermint and 4 Tinted – Cherry Me, Pink Punch, Grape Vine, Peach Kiss.
This is what Maybelline has to say about the product :
Say goodbye to basic lip balm and rediscover the lips you were born to have!
- Lips are instantly moisturised for up to 8 hours.
- Contains active care ingredients, such as shea butter and centella.
- SPF 20 for protection against harmful UV rays.
- After 4 weeks lips are deeply repaired, completely reborn.
What I liked:
- The non-sticky moisturizing formula keeps my lips well-hydrated.
- Cherry Me adds a nice hint of color (rosy pink) with subtle glossiness and looks great on its own
- Doesn’t look chalky on my lips like some other SPF lipbalms
- It makes my lips feel smooth and is a great base for lipsticks or glosses.
- Cute packaging with bright colors
- Comes in a variety of colors and flavors
What I didn’t like:
- Has an artificial, sweet scent/flavor (like candy) but thankfully it’s not strong and fades away quickly
- Does not have broad-spectrum SPF protection. This lip balm has only UVB blocking sunscreen agents that prevent sunburn but there are no UVA filters to keep your lips protected from the aging rays of the sun.
- Lasts only about an hour or so without eating or drinking so you’d have to reapply often during the day.
Overall, I would say Maybelline Baby lips SPF 20 moisturizing lip balm is a nice tinted lip balm that keeps your lips soft and prevents chapping. The formula is not super moisturizing though so I’m not sure how well this would work for lips that are flaking or extra dry. For only $3.99, it is a good buy and I would have certainly bought it again if it provided complete protection from UVA/UVB rays. So for now my search for the perfect lip balm with high SPF continues….
Have you tried Maybelline Baby Lips SPF 20 Moisturizing Lip balm? What do you think?