Boots has partnered with red-hot lipstick mogul aka Lipstick Queen Poppy King to produce “The Magic of Lipstick,” a charmed collection of seven smooth and creamy limited-edition lipsticks with complementary lipglosses under the brand’s best-selling No7 range. The enchanting yet affordable collection was developed to empower women to easily embrace the luxurious look of lip color within their everyday beauty routine–the result is truly wearable glamour.
According to Poppy, this versatile collection is inspired by old Hollywood glamour and film icons and is intended to offer the allure of old Hollywood bombshells to the everyday woman. As for the product’s colorful polka-dot packaging, “The dots, for me, represent Marilyn Monroe’s iconic beauty mark. So, it’s truly about the importance of celebrating our own special imperfections – and that’s the very essence of beauty, in my opinion,” explains Poppy.
Named for the different emotions, personalities and auras Poppy feels lip color has the power to evoke, Boots No7 lipsticks and lipglosses are formulated to be long-wearing with creamy, high impact color. The rainbow of shades, from pink and nude to rose and dark berry, complement every skin tone.
Here, Poppy describes each of the seven shades:
- Allure: This soft peachy shade is similar to one’s natural lip color and suitable for women of all ages.
- Confidence: Who doesn’t love a classic nude shade? This hue is an iconic fit for today’s natural beauty.
- Glamour: This flirty pink shade is all about fun. It’s also a perfect option for the woman who finds herself wanting something different from her go-to nude or red lipstick.
- History: Women’s fascination with red lipstick has evolved throughout the decades; this deep red shade captures the perfect “here and now” red hue.
- Intrigue: This subtle pinkish nude is incredibly flattering without being fussy, like the color of natural lips, but bolder and brighter.
- Power: This rose color is designed to be as powerfully stylish as it is pretty. The lipstick is sheer, but is easily buildable to create a bolder lip.
- Seduction: This rich blackberry shade has enough depth to look glamorous at night, but is also appropriate for daytime wear, with a seductive mystique that is as intriguing as it is mysterious.
Boots No7 Poppy King lipsticks and lipglosses are priced at $9.99 per piece and will be available at select Target stores and online at ShopBootsUSA.com beginning in November 2011 for a limited time.
I am looking forward to try these lippies! What do you think of this lipstick collection?
Have you entered my giveaway to win a MAC lipstick & eyeshadow of your choice plus more cosmetics from Tarte and Merle norman? If not, enter here now!