Being a little obsessed with SPF, I am always experimenting with new sunscreens but I can’t remember the last SPF moisturizer I was this crazy about. I’m in love with this solar body block because it’s equally wonderful as a facial moisturizer. In fact, it’s probably the best one I have tried so far…….read on to find out more!
From Devita :
Raise Shields to Full Intensity… You are now protected by one of the most effective body moisturizer and sun screen all in one! 100% natural, absorbs quickly and is never oily or greasy. Offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection with SPF 32. This is a gentle, soothing physical sun block that is skin-friendly and suitable for sensitive skin. Contains our signature Sun Damage Repair System. This strengthening formula helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and helps prevent signs of premature aging with skin-defending vitamins. Penetrates deep into your skin giving it back the look and feel of it’s elasticity after just a few applications. Revitalizes, softens and moisturizes skin leaving it with a satin sheen. Titanium Dioxide Free. No nano technology.
Winner! Best Anti Aging Product 2009 by Beauty with a Conscience Award.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Zinc oxide 19% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Aloe barbadensis (certified organic aloe vera gel), Water (purified), Camellia sinensis (Japanese green tea) leaf extract, Capric/caprylic triglycerides (derived from coconut oil), Glycerin (vegetable), Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Olea europaea (olive) oil, Lecithin phospholipid, Hyaluronic acid (vegan source), Simmondsia chinensis* (jojoba) seed oil, Squalane (olive), Panthenol (vitamin B5), Tocopherol (vitamin E), NaPCA, Rosa moschata (rose hips) oil, Centella asiatica (goto kola), Copper gluconate, Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, Fucus vesiculosis (seaweed) extract, Allantoin, Sodium riboflavin phosphate, Chondrus crispus (Irish moss), Lavandula officinalis* (lavender) essential oil, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower essential oil, Vitis vinifera* (grape) seed extract.
Here’s why I love it so much:
- Offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection with 19% zinc oxide
- Absolutely NO white cast (seriously!)
- Lightweight lotion texture goes on very smoothly and absorbs quickly
- Keeps dry skin well-moisturized without the shine or grease factor. Has a semi-matte finish that should work even for oily skin beauties.
- All-natural, unscented formula is suitable for sensitive skin and use around the eyes. (no need for a separate eye cream with SPF for daytime)
- Packed with effective anti-aging ingredients like Hyaluronic acid, Vitamins B, E, C and green tea to name a few.
- Convenient packaging in an opaque tube (which prevents the potent ingredients from deteriorating) with a flip top cap.
- Inexpensive – $27.95 for 7oz (Even with daily use, the 7oz tube is going to last me at least 3-4 months)
Can you tell how excited I am about this fabulous find? I love the light lotion texture that doesn’t leave my face tacky and for once I don’t have to worry about the unsightly white cast that all the physical suncreens typically have. The only thing that got me was the inclusion of Lavender oil in the formula. I tend to avoid skin-care products with lavender oil or extract because lavender could be a potential irritant for your skin with long-term use (you can refer to this post for more details) That said, I will continue to use this moisturizer for now since lavender is present in a small amount (listed at the end of ingredients).
DeVita skin care products are 100 percent Vegan and Paraben Free. They are considered Gluten sensitive safe and never contain GMO’s. DeVita products are never tested on animals.
Devita Solar Body Block SPF 30+ Luxury Solar Body Lotion is available at devitaskincare.com