UPDATE: Here is an all-new post with a list of 10 Best Drugstore Acne Treatment Products under $15.
Keeping clear skin all summer long can be a challenge, especially once temps start to really crank up. Whether you’ve got acne-prone skin or just experience the occasional breakouts that sweat and sweltering temps provoke, these products will help stop blemishes in their tracks, reduce oil, unclog pores and prevent any more unwanted zits from popping back up!
1. Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleanser ($21) – This gentle cleanser deeply cleanses and helps lessen acne-causing bacteria, while salicylic acid effectively reduces breakouts. It efficiently clears skin without irritation or drying out, leaving skin feeling completely clean and comfortably balanced.
2. MD Complete Skin Clearing Clear Skin Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 29 ($29.99) – This light, non-greasy, broad-spectrum sunscreen won’t clog pores and is uniquely designed for combination to oily, breakout-prone skin. It contains Vitamin C and Co-Q10 to nourish skin while naturally derived fruit seed extracts help reduce the appearance of redness.
3. Kiehl’s Blue Herbal Moisturizer ($25) – This is a blemish fighting moisturizer that helps fight acne blemishes. It mattifies skin, reducing the appearance of pores and leaving skin with a matte, hydrated appearance. Non-comedogenic formulation helps prevent new acne blemishes from forming.
4. Paula’s Choice RESIST Super Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 ($27) – This is an amazing mineral-based (zinc oxide) sunscreen that won’t make your oily, acne-prone skin cringe! Not only does the weightless, antioxidant-rich formula provide broad-spectrum UV protection but also offers anti-aging benefits. It has a silky lotion texture that absorbs quickly and leaves a soft matte finish that perfectly preps skin, allowing makeup to apply smoothly (no primer needed). It’s also slightly tinted, so you won’t see a white cast. You won’t feel like you are wearing any sunscreen at all!
5. Neutrogena Naturals Acne Spot Treatment ($6.99) – Formulated with acne fighting salicylic acid (1%) naturally derived from wintergreen leaf, this spot treatment penetrates deep into pores to treat and help prevent breakouts. It has a thin, lotion-like texture that applies easily and sets to a matte finish, no flaky mess. I also like that it doesn’t dry out skin, and still gets rid of pimples in a day or two.
6. Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over Hydrating Gel Moisturizer ($12.99) – All the hydration without the greasy feeling! Formulated with powder to absorb any excess oil on skin, this oil-free moisturizer is fantastic for acne-prone skin as it helps balance out your face and provide long lasting moisture without clogging your pores.
7. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Foam Wash ($7.99) – This mild-yet-effective acne wash deep-cleans without over drying. With a rich foam formula, it cleans deep into pores, clears oil instantly and fights breakouts fast. It also contains skin soothing ingredients, including green tea and cucumber, that help reduce redness and irritation
8. Bremenn Clinical Emergency Zit Stick Ane treatment ($10) – This intensive spot treatment treats unexpected acne flare-ups fast! The 2% salicylic acid formula reduces redness and swelling immediately while it begins to treat, heal and clear the underlying blemish without caking or drying. I like the convenient auto pen design that easily fits in your purse for on-the-spot needs! I got the 2-pack from Costco for $20.
9. Paula’s Choice Resist BHA Exfoliant Set ($52) – Perfect for those with oily & breakout-prone skin, this is a multitasking, two-part system that not only treats acne but also stave off signs of aging. This duo comes with 2: Resist Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA and Resist Weekly Retexturizing Foaming Treatment 4% BHA. The combination of 2% daily and 4% weekly beta hydroxy acid treatments prevents breakouts, as well as works to unclog and minimize pores while improving skin’s texture and smoothing fine lines.
10. AcneFree Body Clearing Acne Spray ($9.49) – Perfect for treating large surfaces and those hard-to-reach spots like the back, AcneFree features a continuous spray head that combines alpha and beta hydroxy acids to treat and prevent acne, as well as aloe to soothe breakouts.
These are my favorite acne-fighting products? What are yours?