This past Sunday, the 2015 Oscars unveiled the winners in the film industry while the red carpet set stage for the best hairstyles! Today I have a Twisted Tousled Updo tutorial inspired by Anna Kendrick to share with you, thanks to Farouk Systems, the makers of CHI and BioSilk Haircare and their team of elite hairstylists.
Check out this step by step photo tutorial for how to re-create this gorgeous Twisted Tousled Updo look sported by Anna Kendrick at Oscars 2015.
1. Create a natural side part in the hair using your fingers. Curl the hair in 1” sections, wrapping the hair around one side of the vertically positioned CHI G2 1 ¼” Hairstyling Iron. Allow each curl to naturally form as you glide the iron through the hair.
2. Once the entire head is complete, run fingers through the hair to loosen the curls. Mist hair with BioSilk Natural Hold Finishing Spray.
3. Divide hair into three horizontal sections. Pin bottom two sections away for later.
4. Create a loose ponytail at the top section with a clear elastic band.
5. Loop hair through the band, creating a mini messy bun. Flatten the bun, using bobby pins to hold style in place.
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for remaining bottom sections.
7. Add texture to the sides by pinching together small sections of hair and misting BioSilk Natural Hold Finishing Spray on the side areas.
8. Add a touch of glow by misting BioSilk Shine On to complete the tousled look.