Whether you’re looking for some smoky-eye inspiration or a jewel-toned kit, the eyeshadow options in the makeup aisles are endless. Be they neutral, smoky, or anywhere in between, you just can’t beat the convenience of an all-in-one eyeshadow palette!
But often times, those pretty palettes come with a pretty hefty price tag. And that’s where the drugstore eyeshadow palettes come in!
What used to be only reserved for pricey, high-end makeup is now flooding the drugstores and that makes me so happy! The quality of drugstore makeup has improved by leaps & bounds over the years and you can’t beat the prices.
However, the biggest challenge is figuring out which palettes are worth plucking off the shelves — especially when you can’t swatch them like you can in department stores. Well, you’ve come to the right place!
Ahead, find the best drugstore eyeshadow palettes that I LOVE! Not only are they top-notch quality but also wallet-friendly – all under $15!
1. NYX Cosmetics Full Throttle Shadow Palette ($9.99) – With a great variety of color combos to choose from, there’s so much you can do with these new compact palettes featuring four pigment-packed shades! The expertly coordinated combination of creamy mattes and soft shimmering shadows can easily take you from an elagant daytime look to a sultry evening one.
The shadow colors are vibrant for full-on color and the formulation is great…soft, creamy and blends easily. Each quad has one or two soft neutrals to help balance the bold shades. Plus, the packaging has a nice classy-chic feel!
2. COVERGIRL truNaked Eyeshadow Palette ($10) – The new truNaked eyeshadow palettes are truly fantastic and feature universally flattering, neutral shades that are made to be blended together! There are 3 variations : TruNaked Nudes, Roses and Goldens and each of them comes with 8 shades to create a bunch of different day to night looks.
My favorite is the Roses palette…I love the pigmentation, smooth texture and color selection. If you’re not willing to shell out the money for a more expensive neutral palette, get one of these foolproof neutral palettes. The quality is amazing, and not just for a ‘drugstore palette’….it’s truly a beauty bargain for under $10!
3. Milani Everyday Eyes Powder Eyeshadow Palette ($9.99) – Whether you like bright and bold or nude and natural, these Milani Palettes have a little something for everyone! With six richly pigmented shades that are expertly coordinated to work well together and a useful step-by-step guide, you can create a myriad of different eye looks with ease!
Their size is actually a little bigger than usual drugstore eye palettes with a more high-quality feel. My favorite is the Earthy Elements palette with pink, terracotta and rose-gold shades that are beautiful!
4. NYC New York Color Lovatics By Demi Eyeshadow Palette in Natural ($6.99) – Move over, Naked! There’s a new $7 nude palette with a full range of neutral shades to give you a run for your money! The Lovatics palette contains a nice mix of matte and shimmer shades and every single one of them is soft and highly pigmented…even the mattes perform really well.
The quality, pigmentation and texture of this palette is just as great as a $50+ neutral palette…seriously! In fact, the NYC Lovatics By Demi Eyeshadow Palette is a close dupe for the original Naked palette by Urban Decay…the shades look so similar! This one is a STEAL at just $7!
5. Maybelline Blushed Nudes Palette (9.99) – This is another budget-friendly nude palette with more pink-toned neutrals. There’s a good blend of mattes and shimmer shades with a mix of mauve, pinks, taupes, rose gold, cranberry, bronze and brown.
It’s a really nice mix of shades with colors that work very well together. And Blushed Nudes is actually a dupe for Urban Decay Naked 3 palette…well, at least 6 of the 12 shades are almost spot-on Naked 3 dupes! For the price, this can’t be beat!!
6. Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow + Built-in Primer ($9.99) – Available in 6 shade variations varying from natural beauty to daring diva, the Neutrogena palettes have ultra-smooth shadows that provide rich yet easily blendable color.
Plus, they have a built-in primer to help your look last all day. Honestly though, with my moderately oily lids, I don’t find these long-lasting without an eyeshadow primer. Nevertheless, the colors and formula is excellent! My favorite is the Neutrogena Soft Taupe palette which is a good dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette…woot!!
7. L’Oreal Colour Riche La Palette Nude 1 ($15) – This is a great everyday palette with 10 soft and easy-to-wear, flattering neutral shades that will look good on anyone. The formula is silky, easy to apply and blend with a pretty good pigmentation but I would highly recommend an eyeshadow primer.
The palette is actually dominated by matte finish shades and all of them apply smoothly without being dry or patchy.
8. Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Palette ($12) – Jewel toned eyeshadows are the perfect gateway for those of us die-hard neutral fans looking to experiment with more color. And these pretty Pixi palettes are just perfect for that!
The mineral eyeshadows are super versatile and each color can be used individually or paired up together for a soft & elegant look. I really love the Plum Quartz palette that has a nice pink & plum toned take on neutrals. Perfect for those looking to get a fun soft smoky eye!
What’s your favorite drugstore eyeshadow palette? Please share in the comments below!
Shop the post…