New Drugstore Beauty Products of 2016, check out that list in case you missed it. And now it’s only the beginning of March but there’s already another whole new crop of beauty launches landing at the drugstore shelves! If this year’s barrage of new drugstore releases can tell us anything, it’s that 2016 is going to be a great year for affordable beauty! So, here I am with the second installment…a roundup of all new drugstore makeup you are going to want to get your hands on! Take a look…In mid-January I posted about the most exciting
1. Rimmel Kate Sculpting Kit – This is Rimmel’s first Sculpting & Highlighting Kit designed by Kate Moss. It comes with a soft shimmer powder to highlight the cheek bone, brow bone, centre of the chin and bridge of the nose. Plus, a shading powder to contour the sides of the nose, jaw line and forehead and a powder blush for color and definition. I like the rose gold packaging!
2. N.Y.C. New York Color Lovatics by Demi Lip and Cheek Tint – Perfect for a sheer pop of color, this lip & cheek tint has a unique see-through texture and color with a long lasting, buildable formula. Not only can it be used on your cheeks, but you can also use as a stain on your lips. It blends easily and adapts to your unique skin tone, matching your cheek and lips.
3. Sonia Kashuk Knock Out Beauty Smokey Palette in Shadow Box – This eyeshadow palette is a part of Sonia Kashuk’s brand new Knock Out Beauty makeup collection coming out for spring 2016. It comes with with a selection of 16 matte and shimmer eyeshadows from everyday neutrals to sultry smoky shades. The velvety smooth shadows provide intense, buildable color and are easily blendable. With guidelines to which shades to apply as highlight, on the lid, crease and as liner, anyone from a beginner to a pro can create a perfectly smoked out eye. I also have my eyes on this new gorgeous Knock Out Beauty Skin Glow highlighter and Vanity Tray from the range.
4. Flower Beauty Endless Wear Ultimate Eye Color – If you are a fan of cream eyeshadows like me, you need to try one of these! The colors are sheer and lightweight with subtle shimmer while the formula is easy to blend and buildable with great staying power (make sure to use a primer, I always do!) Sheer Sands is a beautiful rose gold shade that’s perfect soft, romantic look!
5. Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil Kohl Kajal Eyeliner – If you LOVE kohl kajal eyeliners (for waterline) like me, this new offfering by Physician’s formula is worth trying out! Infused with 100% Pure Argan Oil, the richly-pigmented 100% waterproof kajal eyeliner has a long thin tip that glides-on easily for dramatic definition and inner rim intensity. It comes in an adorable Moroccan style gold packaging with a cute little tassel hanging from the cap of the liner. It’s available in a single matte black shade.
6. Hard Candy Look Pro! Ultimate Strobing Kit in Illuminate – Get your strobe on with this handy little kit that comes with a complete collection of highlighting & contouring products including a small tube of the new Strobing Glow All the Way Face & Body Illuminator, two luminizers, a matte bronzer and a matte blush. It also comes with a tutorial guide and tapered Kabuki brush for precise application.
7. Flower Beauty Color Proof Long-wear Lip Creme – This one promises to be a complete pout perfector! The creamy texture has an opaque, satin finish with high-intensity color that won’t feather nor fade. It’s designed with a soft angled tip for a precise application. Going by the description and product photos, it seems to be a dupe for Too Faced Melted Liquid lipstick but I am not completely sure at this point! I just hope it is!
8. Wet n Wild Color Icon Ombre Blusher ($4.99) – Want to get on the ombré makeup bandwagon? This is a nice little inexpensive option to play with! Available in 3 shades, this blendable, lightweight powder blush comes in a soft gradient of ombre hues that can also be used as a shadow for a fun pop of color!
9. e.l.f. Day to Night Lipstick Duo – Go from office chic to off-duty glam with this new dual-ended lipstick from elf cosmetics that offers a beautiful soft shade for day and a bolder shade for night to switch up your look conveniently! The velvety satin matte formula is enriched with shea, and vitamins A, C, and E to help nourish and hydrate. These are 4 shade selections for $6 each. It’s so fun to use, and the price it right!
10. Hard Candy Velvet Mousse Matte Lip Colors – This season, it’s all about mattes – and amazing color! And that’s exactly what you get with these new velvet matte lip colors with a mousse-like texture from Hard Candy’s spring 2016 lineup! From the pretty packaging to incredible pigmentation and staying power, these new lippies are a steal for just $6! Head over to instagram to see my repost from Hard Candy with swatches of all 7 shades of the Velvet Mousse Matte Lip Colors!
11.L’Oreal Paris Infallible Matte-Matic Liner – Perfect for those of us with oily lids, this is an intensely matte, waterproof eyeliner with a gel cream formula that doesn’t smudge or fade, all day long! It stays put even on the waterline and comes in 4 intense matte shades with a built-in sharpener and instant smudger. When it comes to eyeliners, L’Oreal has always been a winner for me and this new one seems like another solid formula!
12. NYX Cosmetics Color Correcting Liquid Primer – Designed to “color correct” and conceal a range of complexion concerns like redness, dark circles and shadows, dull skin, dark spots and acne spots, these new color correcting primers come in five silky shades. Each color correcting tone glides on evenly and preps your face for flawless makeup application, while adding a subtle, lit-from-within glow for a fresh, even-toned start. I need to pick up the orange one for my dark circles. (quick note: I recently added this color corrector to my Best Drugstore Dupes list….yes, it’s a nice dupe for a popular YSL beauty product, check it out now!
Which of these new drugstore makeup products are you excited to try ?