Clinique is known for its allergy tested, 100% fragrance-free, dermatologist developed products that are sensitive-skin friendly. Now, add extra gentle to the list! Designed especially with sensitive skin in mind, Clinique’s new Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam is described as a ‘plush, velvety-soft foam that cleanses even the most sensitive skin with care thanks to its non-irritating formula that gently lifts dirt and impurities.’
Here are a few of the key ingredients in Clinique’s Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam:
- Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine and Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate – An optimal blend of “sulfate-free” mild detergents for sensitive skins. These detergents provide a rich yet light foam which thoroughly but gently cleans skin.
- Sodium Coco PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate – A coconut-derived multi-functional phospholipid complex to boost the properties of gentle cleansing and mildness while conditioning skin. This non-drying, non-stripping formula is perfect for sensitive skins.
- Caffeine, Sucrose, and Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract – These proven ingredients work synergistically to combat irritation. Caffeine and sucrose soothe and help to prevent dryness
- Salicylic Acid and Capryloyl Glycine – Skin dermo-protective purifying ingredients to combat excess sebum.
- Glycerin, Algae Extract and Hyaluronic Acid – Glycerin acts as a humectant, attracting moisture to skin, thus preventing skin from feeling dry or tight. Glycerin, coupled with Algae Extract and Hyaluronic Acid combine to form a triple moisture complex to leave skin feeling perfectly comfortable with no tightness, dryness or parched skin.
￼￼Foaming cleansers are usually considered a bit harsh and drying for most skin types but the new Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam from Clinique totally proves that wrong! Formulated for very dry to dry combination skin, this face wash (with a convenient pump dispenser) produces a lightweight foam that does a great job of providing a thorough, yet gentle cleanse to remove dirt and excess oil from my skin.
It also removes makeup very well but I prefer to use one of my oil-based makeup removers/cleansing balms first especially for waterproof or long-wearing formulas. The mild formula leaves my naturally dry and sensitive (plus acne-prone) skin feeling fresh, clean & comfortably soft – never tight or dry. I imagine if it’s not drying for my skin, it shouldn’t leave combination to oily skin types feeling stripped either.
If you are are a fan of foaming cleansers but haven’t yet found a gentle & fragrance-free option for your sensitive skin, Clinique’s Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam is an excellent pick. It really lives up to its claims of being kind to sensitive skin while being tough on dirt and impurities!
Clinique Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam is now available at Clinique counters worldwide, clinique.com and also at Sephora and Nordstrom for $20.
I absolutely love Clinique’s cleansers…and now hearing about this, I am for sure going to be trying out their new one once mines empty. I really love how you break down the ingredients Harshleen in these reviews and appreciate you putting such great emphasis on NATURAL. What are your suggestions for natural makeups that won’t dry out your skin. I heard great things about Mineralissima foundations (http://www.mineralissima.com/) before…what’s your experience with “natural” makeups like mineral based ones?