The lazy days of summer can leave us with more than a few beauty woes come fall. Even with the daily use of sunscreen, summer fun often takes a not-so-pretty toll on skin. Revive and repair sun-damaged skin with these hard-working heroes that will make the transition from summer to fall (and your skin) as smooth as possible!
And the best part is that all of these fall skincare must-haves are $20 or under…good skin care doesn’t have to break the bank! Consider this to be your post-summer skin rehab cheat sheet…
1. Elf Cosmetics Beauty Shield Vitamin C Pollution Prevention Serum ($16) – No matter the season, a good antioxidant Vitamin C serum should always be part of your regimen.
Packed with antioxidants vitamins C and E, pomegranate extract and a hydrating dose of hyaluronic acid, this silky serum refines and brightens skin tone while also protecting skin from pollution. Formulated without parabens, phthalates, or alcohol, it’s a bona fide beauty steal under $20!
2. LUMENE Valo Overnight Bright Sleeping Cream ($19.99) – Rich in potent antioxidants, this intensively moisturizing night cream nourishes and recharges dull, tired-looking skin…bringing all new meaning to the term “beauty sleep.”
It contains cloudberry seed extract and vitamin C along with hyaluronic acid and Arctic Spring Water to revitalize and reverse damage from the summer sun. I like to use this cream after the Derma E night serum (#5 below) and wake up to glowing skin by morning…the combination works like an overnight facial!
3. Derma E Sunkissalba Radiant Glow Oil ($20) – Another way to avoid dull and dry skin is to add a layer of face oil to your routine. This luxurious facial oil contains organic Jojoba, Argan, and Seabuckthorn oils, to add nourishing hydration while improving skin’s natural radiance. It also contains mineral-rich Mica to give your skin a soft dewy, healthy glow!
4. Olay Age Defying ADVANCED Gel Cream Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid ($16) – Dry skin becomes one of the top concerns as soon as temperatures begin to drop, but you can help prevent it with this gel cream facial moisturizer that targets parched skin.
Formulated with hyaluronic acid, vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5, it delivers deep hydration and improves skin dullness for a healthy, natural glow. And the lightweight, oil-free formula won’t clog pores!
5. DERMA E Anti-Wrinkle Night Serum ($12) – Even if you don’t have noticeable fine lines or wrinkles yet, all of that summer fun in the sun can leave your skin with more than a few beauty woes like discoloration or dull, blotchy skin and that’s where a good retinol cream comes to the rescue!
This concentrated rejuvenation treatment combines Retinol with Green Tea antioxidants and hydrating Vitamin E to smooth the look of fine lines and leave skin soft, supple & radiant. Basically, it’s a gentle retinol formula that delivers the skin-perfecting benefits, without the potential drying side effects! And it’s 100% vegan, cruelty-free and paraben-free.
If you have already been using a retinol product for a while and want a higher concentration formula, I’d recommend this Retinol Cream ($15) that is also an amazing anti-ager but more potent yet gentle.
6. Pacifica Wake Up Beautiful Super Hydration Sleepover Mask ($15) – Give your skin a boost of glow while you snooze with this creamy overnight mask that helps quench stressed, sun damaged skin.
Infused with antioxidants, floral cells, quinoa and mushroom extract, it leaves skin soft and supple while the aromatherapeutic benefits aid in relaxation. The no-rinse, non-greasy, non-sticky formula won’t transfer to your pillow but leaves skin bright and beautiful. It’s 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
7. Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvenating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA ($20) – Too much frolicking in the sun can lead to hyperpigmentation in the form of dark spots, freckles, dullness and fine lines. This silky gel serum with 14% glycolic acid is a supercharged exfoliant (best used at night) that can take your complexion from drab to fab again, while also keeping acne breakouts under control!
For under $15, It’s also a great skincare dupe for Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum. However, keep in mind that 14% glycolic acid might be too much for some to use daily, especially for those with sensitive skin, so adjust the usage accordingly.
8. Clinique Pep-Start Daily UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 50 ($19.50) – Don’t let the colder temperature fool you—UVA rays can penetrate the skin even on cloudy days! Up to two-thirds of sun damage is acquired from everyday activities like commuting, so it’s just as important to apply sunscreen in the fall and winter.
This gentle, lightweight sunscreen with a 100% mineral formula protects against UVA/UVB rays with SPF 50. It has a hydrating feel with a sheer tint that perks up skin with a subtle translucent glow. If you’re used to sunscreens that feel heavy or dull skin, this weightless SPF will be a fresh breath of air!
9. Lavanila The Healthy Body Butter ($19) – Feed your skin with loving hydration with this super-gentle, luxurious body butter that comforts and softens sun-ravaged skin. Made with 100% pure Shea & Cocoa Butters blend and powerful antioxidants plus essential oils for long-lasting hydration, the velvety smooth non-greasy formula also smells amazing!
My favorite is the Fresh Vanilla Lemon body butter…I love its refreshing and feel-good scent that lingers softly all day long on my skin without being cloying.
10. Olay Daily Facials 4-in-1 Water Activated Cleansing Cloths ($10) – Activated with water, these specially textured cleansing cloths remove dirt, oil and makeup (even waterproof mascara) with a soap-free lather while hydrating and exfoliating skin…talk about multi-tasking!
These convenient face wipes are perfect for on-the-go, travel or daily cleansing that give you a complete clean in one easy step. You can read my detailed review here. If I had to pick my favorite drugstore skincare product of 2017, this would definitely be the top contender!
11. Alpha Skincare Revitalizing Body Lotion 12% Glycolic AHA ($16) – This skin-smoothing body lotion goes beyond regular lotion formulas with 12% concentration of glycolic acid that exfoliates rough, sun-damaged skin. It’s a great (and affordable) head-to-toe hydrating treatment that (gently) buffs dry, flaky skin back to picture-perfect smoothness.
12. ACURE Brightening Facial Scrub ($9) – A great face scrub under $10 is hard to come by! But this one is a natural beauty bargain that really does what it says. With sea kelp and lemon peel (to exfoliate) and French green clay (to decongest pores), it has a pasty green texture that’s easy to smear on your face. Gently scrub and then rinse for smooth and touchably soft skin!
What are some of your go-to skincare products for fall? Do you see any of your favorites on this list?
Shop this post…