I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Elf Camo CC cream is a new medium-to-full coverage color correcting foundation with SPF 30 protection. Infused with hydrating and youth-boosting ingredients that provide skincare benefits, it promises a natural finish for all skin types and comes in 20 shades.
The shade lineup is divided into 6 numbered ranges: Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, Deep and Rich as well as warm, cool and neutral undertones to help you find your match. I tried the shade Medium 330 W (medium with warm/olive undertones)
- Hyaluronic Acid helps provide hydration by locking in moisture for a plumped up complexion
- Niacinamide to help brighten and even skin tone
- Peptides for a more refreshed complexion.
- Infused with skin-loving collagen.
What I like about Elf Camo CC Cream:
- It contains skin-loving ingredients like Collagen, Niacinamide, Peptides and Hyaluronic acid.
- It feels pretty lightweight on my skin and blends easily providing buildable medium-to-full coverage as promised
- The formula is well-pigmented and a little goes a long way. 1-2 pumps is all I need to cover most of my imperfections.
- When used with a hydrating primer, it gives me a natural matte finish.
What I don’t like about Elf Camo CC Cream:
- The shade I tried (Medium 330W) is way too yellow on me. It’s also a bit dark for my skin tone but the main problem was the overly yellow tones.
- Initially it has a natural matte finish but then it starts to look drier on my skin as the day goes on, even with a hydrating primer underneath. I have naturally dry skin (that gets even drier in winter) and this CC cream clings to the dry, flaky patches around my mouth and chin area. It also accentuates my pores making them look a bit more noticeable.
Despite the shade mismatch, I tried out this CC cream 3 times (to see if the formula performs any better with a different primer) but it just didn’t work very well for me. It might not feel dry on my skin in the spring and summer months but currently it’s a no-go for me!
Here are all the shade swatches from Elf
I wouldn’t recommend Elf Camo CC Cream if you also have dry skin with some texture and large pores like me. It might be a better choice for those with combination to oily skin.
Have you tried this new CC cream yet? Did you like it?