Squeezing in a midday workout during your work day is perfect for those of us who dread the early morning and equally good for those who are too tired to schlep to the gym after a long day at the office. However, if the idea of coming back to your desk looking anything less than completely professional and polished is getting in the way of your fitness routine, check out these seven beauty essentials that you need to keep in your gym bag to make the post-workout primping much easier!
1. Facial cleansing wipes – These are a must pre-exercise to take off any pore-clogging makeup — and afterwards (or even in-between) to rid your face of excess oil and sweat. And you can even use them for removing bodily grime, if needed. This is especially important for oily or acne-prone skin types to keep those nasty breakouts under control.
Try : Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Facial Towelettes ($5.99) Not only are they oil-free and hypoallergenic, but they’re also biodegradable! Plus, they smell incredibly fresh.
2. Deodorant – Deodorant at the gym is (obviously) a must-have to freshen up and get rid of body odor…and spare those around you from your less-than-fresh self!
Try – Swipe ($14.99 for pack of 25) Ditch your bulky stick of deodorant! Swipe is a disposable and biodegradable, single use deodorant wipe infused with a natural tea tree extract that not only applies a new layer of deodorant for long-lasting protection, but also eliminates body odor in the process. It’s compact and convenient and the deodorant is an invisible non-whitening formula so it won’t stain your clothing or leave a white residue.
3. Facial Cleanser – No time to shower? But you definitely need to remove the grease and grime from your face post-workout. Sweat will quickly dry and clog your pores, so you want to get to your face immediately. Even a rinse with water will work, or better yet keep a travel-sized bottle of a gentle, non-drying face wash to remove oil, toxins and sweat.
Try – Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash ($5.99) Without any harsh irritants to upset skin, this gentle formula leaves your face thoroughly cleansed and refreshed. Plus, it contains Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E to moisturize and Bisabolol to help soothe and calm your skin.
4. Dry shampoo – After a grueling workout, dry shampoo is your secret weapon to erase post sweat-sesh grease from your roots, leaving hair feeling and smelling clean…so you’re good to go in a flash! Post-workout, simply untie your hair, and start to spray in a whole lot of dry shampoo, right into the roots. Let it sit for around 30 seconds, before rubbing in with your fingertips.
Try – Surface Hair Trinity ‘Invisible’ Dry Shampoo ($20) This ultra-fine mist of lemon, minerals and amaranth revives your dirty hair by absorbing excess oil, dirt and buildup, leaving zero residue behind. It really is totally invisible and doesn’t leave your strands powdery or stiff. In fact, it kicks up volume and movement, all while fixing up your post-workout mess of a hairstyle.
5. Tinted Moisturizer : To soothe and hydrate your skin after all that cleansing, moisturizer is key! Choose a tinted moisturizer that pulls double duty by also offering coverage and SPF protection in addition to the much needed moisture.
Try : Revlon Age Defying CC Cream SPF 30 ($11.99) This multi-benefit dynamo hydrates, smoothes, brightens and evens skin tone, diminishes the look of fine lines and dark spots while providing SPF 30 sun protection. The lightweight formula has the coverage you need to even out your skin post-workout. It has a non-greasy texture and is breathable and non-drying, a huge plus for someone with dry skin like mine.
6. Lipgloss – Once you’ve got your complexion all prepped up, swipe on some lip gloss for a sheer wash of color and shine to brighten up your face.
Try – Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss ($20) A luxurious gloss and a rich lip balm in one! Laced with plenty of good-for-your-skin ingredients like Hyaluronic filling spheres, Vitamin E, avocado oil, Rosehip seed oil and shea butter, this super nourishing gloss has an addictively creamy texture and a gorgeous, high-shine finish.
7. Body Mist – One of the final beauty steps for a quick transition from the gym to the office is refreshing with a great scent. A good fragrance goes a long way to carry you through the rest of the day!
Try – Sonia Kashuk Yellow Alluriana eau de toilette ($19.99 for 3.4 oz) – Scent yourself with this citrusy crisp and uplifting blend of grapefruit, verbena and musk…perfect post workout pick-me-up! It leaves a long lasting yet not overpowering scent that lingers throughout the day.
Are you a lunch-time gym-goer? What are your post-workout beauty tips and essentials?Disclosure : Some of the products above were provided for editorial consideration.