Who doesn’t love a good splurge…but a good steal is the real thrill UPDATED: 5/27/19. , especially when we can get something cheap that does the job just as well as the pricier alternative! This is why drugstore dupes for high-end makeup are SO popular!
Today, we are talking about best drugstore dupes for high-end foundations.
Foundation is one of those products many of us typically splurge on but sometimes it’s not feasible to dish out the big bucks on expensive department store brands (think YSL, Dior, Armani) that can leave a major dent in our wallet!
Of course, designer foundations have their plus points (like fancy bottles, extensive color range etc) over drugstore brands! But considering the major price difference, why not save your hard earned dollars and stock up on the drugstore dupes for high-end foundations, especially if you go through foundation like no one’s business.
So, keep reading to find out all about 10 budget-friendly foundations that live up to their expensive counterparts and can easily be found in the drugstore aisles…
Best Drugstore Foundation Dupes
1.Hourglass Cosmetics Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation ($62) Dupe: Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation ($5) – There’s much to praise about Hourglass’s cream-to-powder foundation with its immaculate blend ability and feather light formula that offers a smooth natural-looking, matte finish while keeping unwanted shine away…but what a price tag!
You can save a pretty penny with Rimmel’s version that performs almost identical and provides long-lasting shine control as well. Plus, the Rimmel foundation is fragrance-free (great for sensitive skin types!)
2. Lancome Miracle Cushion Liquid Cushion Compact foundation ($47) Dupe: L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation ($16.99) – If you are a fan of cushion foundations, Lancome’s Miracle Cushion provides lightweight, blendable and natural-looking coverage that holds up well without fading or creasing.
The good news is that L’Oreal’s Lumi Cushion foundation offers the same remarkable texture, wear and finish for a third of the price (L’Oreal is Lancome’s parent company so this isn’t too surprising!)
3. NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation ($48) Dupe: L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation ($11.99) – NARS foundation has a lot going for it with a natural-looking, medium to full coverage fluid formula that feels amazingly light on the skin…and a little goes a long way!
L’Oreal’s Infallible is just as hardworking as the NARS foundation and provides fabulous coverage and longevity, at one-fourth the price!
4. Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation ($44) Dupe: Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation ($12.99)- Becca’s Aqua Luminous foundation is perfect for those seeking a moisturizing, dewy finish and natural looking light/medium coverage with a healthy glow.
But instead of the high-priced Becca version, you can pick Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation that hydrates and illuminates the complexion while evening out skin tone for a naturally flawless finish; basically the same results at one-third the price!
5. MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation ($43) Dupe: NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation ($17.99) – MUFE’s Ultra HD foundation is designed to give you a flawless, soft-focus finish with coverage that’s impeccable and long-lasting!
The NYX’s version does exactly the same, offering complexion perfection with a full-coverage formula that holds up well throughout the day.
6. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick ($46) Dupe: Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick ($7) – Blended with skin tone correcting pigments, Bobbi Brown’s twist-up portable foundation stick provides creamy, buildable medium coverage and also contains oil-controlling minerals to reduce shine.
Maybelline’s Fit Me Foundation Stick is a close dupe with a gel-cream foundation formula that offers comparable coverage & finish while keeping shine at bay. At only $7, it’s a beauty steal!
7. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF 15 ($27) Dupe: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation ($5.99) – Studio Fix is one of MAC’s best foundations with a silky fluid texture that blends beautifully and provides medium coverage with a natural matte finish that’s great for combination/oily skin types.
On the drugstore front, Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless is a beauty bargain that has a similar finish & formula with buildable light to medium coverage. The balanced matte finish isn’t overly drying and does a decent job of keeping oily shine at bay. Another plus is that like MAC’s version, it comes in a wide range of shades for light to deep skin tones!
8. Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation ($35) Dupe: NYX Invincible Fullest Coverage Foundation ($11.99) – Kat Von D’s lock-it is a full coverage matte finish foundation that does a superb job covering imperfections or skin discolorations and lasts very well too.
NYX’s Invincible offers the same exceptional coverage to conceal even the most challenging discolorations or scars with a long-lasting matte finish at a bargain price of only $12!
9. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation ($62) Dupe: L’Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup ($12.19) – For those of us who love a radiant, lit-from-within glow, Giorgio’s Luminous Silk Foundation is a cult classic, but a major splurge at $62!
So, if you are looking for something more affordable, try L’Oreal True Match Lumi that gives you a radiant complexion with a beautiful finish that’s not too dewy and not too matte – for about 50 bucks cheaper! The oil-free formula is really lightweight and silky while being hydrating and provides beautifully buildable coverage. Bonus – L’Oreal’s foundation contains SPF 20 too!
10. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation ($38) Dupe: Revlon Colorstay Makeup For Combo/Oily Skin ($9.49) – Estee Lauder’s Double Wear is truly an amazing foundation with its buildable medium to full coverage and exceptional staying power that goes the distance, while absorbing shine (perfect for oily skin types).
But if you want something that does the job for a fraction of the price, Revlon’s Color Stay is your best bet! It performs every bit as beautifully on the skin and stays put with very minimum touch ups.
Like this post? Don’t forget to BOOKMARK this page for your reference! I will definitely be adding more to this list as I find new drugstore foundation dupes! And don’t forget to Pin the images above to keep it all handy!
Got any foundation dupes you’ve found lately? Share your favorites with us in the comments below!
Just FYI, here’s my extensive post on the Best Drugstore Makeup Dupes with a list of 55+ dupes!
Shop this post…