I am back today with the second edition of my favorite beauty products of 2012 listing my top picks in the skincare category. Most of these products were released in 2012 except the last two in the list……let’s get started!
1. Paula’s Choice RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum – This serum is a highly effective yet non-irritating retinol treatment designed to improve the appearance of aging skin and help sun-damaged skin repair itself. Its gentle, emollient formula is perfect for those with sensitive skin like mine. And it comes without a hefty price tag! No wonder none of my skincare favorites list is complete without a Paula’s Choice product in it!
2. Omorovicza Gold Sugar Scrub – I am sooooo in love with this luxurious body scrub! With gold particles, cane sugar and ylang-ylang, this divinely scented body scrub gently exfoliates and refines the texture of the skin, leaving it radiant and soft.
3. Own Renewing Dual Protecting Day Lotion SPF 30 – I am a bit of a sunscreen snob but this SPF moisturizer made me do a little happy dance. 🙂 Not only is the zinc-oxide based formula cosmetically elegant and gentle on my sensitive skin but is also budget-friendly….love it!
4. Silly Lips lip balms – These are such delightful little treats for dry lips! Infused with nourishing ingredients like Shea butter and the purest essential oils, the natural lip balms add serious moisture and shine, with a hint of color. Even the packaging is so adorable!
5. Hevia MD Skincare Luminous Day Treatment – This light, moisturizing skin brightening treatment helps combat hyperpigmentation with the super anti-oxidant red Mangrove Extract and a complex blend of anti-aging ingredients, including Vitamin C and Trans-Resveratrol. It works to make skin look more even-toned, brighter and with an overall healthy, youthful glow.
6. Champneys Spa Indulgence Collection – Truly an indulgence, this exquisitely scented line of bath & body treats is comprised of body lotions, hand creams, shower gels, body scrubs, dry body oils and creams in four delicious scents, my favorites being Mediterranean Bliss and Oriental Opulence. The products are super-affordable too (range from $7.99 to $12.99) and are conveniently available at Target stores.
7. Karuna Brightening Treatment Masks – Infused with various plant extracts, peptides and anti-oxidants, these individually packaged masks are super easy to use and leave skin soft and rejuvenated with a healthy glow, in as little as 15 minutes! It’s like having a spa facial at home!
So, these are my top beauty finds of 2012! What makeup and skincare products have paved their way into your beauty routines this year? Do tell!Disclosure : Some of the products above were provided by PR for consideration.
The Silly Lips balms are so cute!
In 2012, blush was added to my routine. I’ve been wearing makeup since I was 11 and have only discovered this product now.
Clarice McDowell says
During my spa party, we each used a facial mask after cleansing. Both myself and a couple other guests tried the Karuna Brightening Treatment and the result was good.
Abel Brion says
Your all product are good but I think these two are the best product, first one and 2nd one. Because these are effective for sensitive skin.
Sue Lin says
I’m also kind of a SPF snob myself. Own sounds really good since zinc is natural and broad spectrum sunscreen. Would love to try that. The Balm lip stains looks delish!
Emy L says
Hmmmm…..interesting. They seem like great products to try out. I am thinking of trying it out for I love trying out different skin care products. the silly lip balms are so cute, kinda curious about them too.