Smooth Affair has anti-aging properties that even skin tone, minimize the appearance of pores and increase luminosity. Skin feels nourished and looks smoother. Makeup goes on more easily and lasts longer. The light, fresh fragrance is uplifting.
- Grapefruit Extract promotes luminosity and skin radiance.
- Apple Extract is a skin-smoothing antioxidant that helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity.
- Green and White Tea Leaf Extracts and Royal Jelly are anti-aging and anti-inflammatory.
- Aloe Leaf Juice soothes and calms the skin.
- Algae Extract is anti-aging, firms the skin and prevents moisture loss.
- Olive Leaf Extract promotes epidermal cell renewal.
- Honeysuckle Extract helps to purify the skin.
Non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, sensitivity tested, clinically tested, dermatologist tested.
To apply :
– Use Smooth Affair(TM) as a primer before your makeup application and after you wash your face at night for healthy, radiant, moisturized skin.
– With fingertips, spread evenly until primer has been absorbed. Use with or without your favorite moisturizer.
Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Coconut Alkanes (and) Polysilicone 11, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Pectin, Chlorella Vulgaris/Lupinus Albus Protein Ferment, Maltodextrin, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Fruit Extract, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Root Extract, Lecithin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Zinc PCA, Sodium Ascorbate, Royal Jelly, Tocopherol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (and) Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Xanthan Gum.
With an impressive list of good-for-your-skin ingredients (like white tea, green tea, aloe, peptides and more), this product is way more than just a basic primer. To begin with, it is a silicone-based formula but I love that it does not have a super mattifying finish (that leaves my dry skin looking flat/dull) like most of the primers out there and feels more like a very lightweight moisturizer. In fact, as the directions suggest, it can be used as a moisturizer alone. However, I think the light dose of moisture it provides might not be enough especially in winters.
The primer really does work to smooth and soften the look of my pores, help my foundation apply really nicely and stay put as well. As for the term ‘brightener’ in the name, I don’t see any instant brightening effect but it sure perks up my skin and makes it look healthy (and not shimmery or shiny).
To sum it up, Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Facial Primer and Brightener is a great product that not only preps your skin for makeup application but nourishes it too. The only negative is the price ($48) that I think is a bit steep for a makeup primer, even with all the skincare benefits that it offers.