Summer is finally here, and with the rising temperature comes the need for brighter pops of color and lightweight formulas. Let your natural waves break through and opt for a lighter beauty routine to heighten your skin’s radiant summer glow. Here are some of my summer beauty favorites to beat the heat in style!
1. Moisturizer with SPF – Should be a part of your beauty routine all year around but it’s the must-have essential for summers. Some of my curent favorites are Neova DNA Damage Control Eveyday SPF 44 (for face) and Noodle & Boo Playday sunscreen SPF 50 (for body – yes it’s a sunscreen for kids but who cares, I love how it keeps my dry skin smooth and hydrated)
2. Tinted moisturizer – During warmer months, a tinted moisturizer is the perfect replacement for heavier liquid foundations or BB creams to let your skin breath easier. They provide lighter, fresh coverage and no makeup brushes needed! My picks : NARS Pure Radiant Tinted moisturizer (love the glowy finish!) and Jane Iredale Dream Tint (satin matte finish)
3. SPF lip balm – Your lips need protection too! Protect your pout with lip balms that contain SPF to prevent sunburn and keep lips moist. I am a fan of Supergoop SPF 30+ Acai Fusion lip balm and Elta MD UV Lip Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 31. And I recently found out about the new Elemental Herbs All Good Lips Tinted Lip Balms SPF-18 (from Zinc oxide)….can’t wait to get my hands on these!
4. Waterproof Eyeliner – Nobody wants raccoon eyes at the end of the day so look for long-wearing smudgeproof eyeliners and eyeshadows that won’t melt in the heat. I love Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal eyeliners and Eyeshadow Sticks that come in a variety of bright vibrant no-fuss shades – perfect for an easy breezy quick look!
5. Bright Lip colors – Summer beauty isn’t complete without eye catching bright lippies! I love me some glossy, fun pink and hot coral shades. Some of my current fav lip colors are Jane Iredale PureGloss lipgloss (in Beach Plum), Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (in Wild Watermelon) and It cosmetics Vitality lip Flush Butters.
6. Summer Nail Polish: Sizzle through summer with some hot, vibrant shades for your fingers and toes! It’s always fun to rock bold neons and glitter in the summer so I just got the Sephora by OPI Life’s a Beach kit that is a colorful set of ten petite summer-inspired nail lacquers.
7. Leave-In Hair Conditioner – To ensure that your tresses don’t dry out, be sure to add some leave-in conditioner to your damp hair. Not only will it keep your hair hydrated, but it will also tame down any frizzes that pop up with the heat. Two of the leave-in products that I am currently trying and loving are Nene’s Secret Leave-in conditioner and It haircare 12-In-One Miracle Mist Treatment (both of these also work as a heat protectant)
8. Body Lotion: Your skin needs its dose of moisture even in the warmer months and if you have dry skin all year around like me, skipping on this step is not an option! My current rotation of lotions includes Nivea Skin Firming Hydration body lotion with Q10 and Kalo Post Epilating Lotion (when used after shaving, this soothing lotion also promises to slow down hair growth with continued use)Disclosure : Some of the products featured in this article have been provided for editorial consideration.*This post has been submitted for IFB Project #104