here now.Today I am back with my second edition of fabulous beauty finds on Amazon Prime. This time it’s all about skincare! In case you missed the first part, check it out
As you probably already know, skincare is something I feel passionate about and I am quite picky too! There’s no denying that the world of skincare can be overwhelming but as a beauty editor, I’ve tried my fair share of products over the years and learned quite a lot. Now I don’t buy into the hype & marketing gimmicks and try to choose my skincare products based on ingredients that are well-researched and proven to make a difference.
Today I have a roundup of some of the best skincare saviors that are easily available on Amazon prime. I have personally tried and tested all of these, except for two, so I know they really work! What’s even better is that most of them are under $25!
1. ACURE Brightening Facial Scrub – A great face scrub under $10 is hard to come by! But this one is a natural beauty bargain that really does what it says. With sea kelp and lemon peel (to exfoliate) and French green clay (to decongest pores), it has a pasty green texture that’s easy to smear on your face. Gently scrub and then rinse for smooth and touchably soft skin!
2. Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvenating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA – If your skin is showing signs of sun damage, such as dullness, dark spots, fine lines or wrinkles, this silky gel serum with 14% glycolic acid will be a worthwhile addition to your skincare routine. It’s a powerful exfoliant (best used at night) great for all skin types, and also keeps acne breakouts under control!
For under $15, this is a great product at a great price! However, keep in mind that 14% glycolic acid might be too much for some to use daily, especially for those with sensitive skin, so adjust the usage accordingly.
3. Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant – Blackheads have plagued me since…gosh, it’s hard to imagine a time when I wasn’t concerned about them! If you also struggle with large pores, stubborn blackheads and breakouts (like I do!), this liquid leave-on exfoliant might just be a game-changer for you.
It contains 2% salicylic acid that helps unclogs deep pores, improves dull/uneven skin tone and texture while reducing acne breakouts…a multi-tasking wonder it is! Even though I try a lot skincare products, this one has been a longtime skincare staple that I trust and recommend all the time! Here’s my review from 2012 if you want more details.
4. Body Merry Super C-22 Moisturizer – This super charged moisturizer is like an anti-aging booster shot for your skin! Loaded with an impressive of 22% vitamin C, hyaluronic acid (20%), Niacinamide, CoQ10 (antioxidant), shea butter and jojoba oil, this elegantly lightweight lotion reduces discoloration, blotchiness, and hyperpigmentation. It can help your skin bounce back from looking dull and tired to smooth and radiant again…this under $20 natural beauty find is a score! It can be used day or night.
5. Pure Body Naturals Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask – This is a great detoxifying mud mask that helps draw out impurities, excess oil and unclogs pores for clean and refreshed skin. It’s smooth and creamy and leaves skin deep cleansed but not overly dry or stripped (thanks to hydrating ingredients like jojoba oil, aloe vera and shea butter in the formula.) It also helps with reducing blackheads and blemishes and can be used on the face and body. Great for all skin types!
PS: This Facial Mask Brush makes it super easy to apply any face mask, peel or other skincare products.
6. PCA Skin Sheer Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 45 – A bit pricey? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely. Between the fluid, sheer texture and fragrance-free formula that offers light hydration with an antioxidant boost, it’s kind of like wearing nothing at all on your skin. I found the perfect solution to all my sunscreen gripes in this amazing SPF for face!
Its ultra-sheer tint won’t have any effect on your foundation color and it layers under makeup like a dream. It’s great for all skin types, even for combination to oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin (like mine!) Undoubtedly the best moisturizer with SPF I’ve ever tried…period.
7. Active Wow Teeth Whitening Activated Coconut Charcoal Powder – Ok, this is not exactly skincare but I still wanted to include this great product! If you have sensitive teeth and/or not a fan of conventional teeth whitening products with peroxides, give this activated charcoal powder a try! It whitens teeth naturally and helps removes stains from coffee, wine etc, while being easy on your gums. No sensitivity, no taste and no harsh chemicals! Really wish I had found this earlier!
8. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion – Need a pimple to dry out overnight? Just apply a dab of this drying lotion directly on any problem spots at night and rinse off in the morning. Because of my dry, sensitive skin I use this product only occasionaly (when I want super quick results or for really stubborn pimples) as it can be too drying sometimes.
Usually, I prefer the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Dual Action Acne Treatment that contains 5.5% benzoyl peroxide and helps clear acne breakouts without irritating my skin or leaving it dry or flaky. It’s also easy to use under makeup if needed. Just apply a thin layer to the blemish and let dry before going over with any concealer.
9. Yes to Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask – If you’re in the mood for a little beauty treat, this rich & creamy face mask offers a decadent detoxifying experience! The mix of charcoal powder and kaolin clay draws out excess oil, dirt, pollutants and grime deep within pores, leaving skin soft, clear and refreshed.
Although this is great for combination to oily skin types, it works well even for my dry skin that feels smooth and clear but not tightly dried out. I use it twice a month and make sure to apply a good moisturizer afterward!
10. Alpha Skin Care Enhanced Wrinkle Repair Cream with 0.15% Retinol – Considering what a rockstar retinol is when it comes to anti-aging skin care, this under $12 wrinkle fighter with 0.15% retinol plus antioxidants is a beauty steal! If you are new to retinol, start with using this product sparingly (a pea-sized dab for the entire face and always at night). As with any retinol treatment, use a soothing moisturizer (like the CeraVe lotion below) afterward to prevent any sensitivity or dryness.
However, if have been using retinol for a while and want a higher concentration formula, I’d recommend this Retinol Cream ($21) that is also an amazing anti-ager but much more potent yet gentle…it’s money well spent!
11. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM – Want a no-frills night cream that does what it says? Get this fragrance-free ceramide-rich lightweight lotion for face that’s gentle, soothing and moisturizing. It also contains several other good-for-your-skin ingredients like hyaluronic acid and niacinamide that offers multiple benefits to keep your skin healthy & hydrated. Great for all skin types.
12. Paula’s Choice RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum – This concentrated (and very reasonably-priced) serum isn’t only jam-packed with stabilized vitamin C but also contains an impressive blend of several powerful antioxidants and peptides. Fine lines, dark spots, and wrinkles won’t stand a chance against this multi-tasking superhero! I also listed this one in the Best Vitamin C Serums that give you the best bang for your buck!
In fact, this gentle and moisturizing serum is a great anti-aging option for those whose skin cannot tolerate retinol. It’s absolutely worth every penny! There’s also an Ultra-light version for combination to oily skin types.
13. Amara Organics Aloe Vera Gel – Aloe vera gel is a must-have in my house! Great for soothing itchy/irritated skin/rashes and for after sun skin care in summer. This one is all-natural from organic cold pressed aloe and absorbs quickly with no sticky residue.
14. Buena Skin 100% Natural Himalayan Salt Body Scrub – This is a natural exfoliating body scrub formulated with Himalayan sat, sweet almond oil and lychee essential oil. It’s great for using on your legs, arms, and feet to help relieve dryness and flaking. Love how soft my skin feels! If you are a coconut fan like me, then try this all-natural Sweet Coconut Milk Body Scrub that’s a bit more creamy and smells oh-so-good!
15. Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin (Pack of 2) – This facial cleanser is gentle, foaming yet non-drying and does a thorough job of removing dirt, oil, and makeup, leaving my skin perfectly clean but not at all dry or tight. And it comes with an affordable price tag!
16. Aveeno Active Naturals Therapeutic Shave Gel – Another long time favorite product of mine! This rich, lubricating gel contains Aveeno’s signature colloidal oatmeal to soothe sensitive skin and prevent irritation or razor bumps. It’s the best shaving gel that also happens to be cheap! This is what my hubby likes to use as well!
17. Majestic Pure Indian Healing Bentonite Clay – This is a deep-cleansing mattifying clay mask that is ideal for oily, acne-prone skin because of its excellent oil absorption properties. It contains natural Sodium Bentonite Clay for detoxifying, removing impurities and deep pore cleansing. This is powerful stuff for combination to oily skin types when your skin is in need of a good detox!