Today’s post features some super lightweight brightening serums that I’ve been loving lately! These summer skincare favorites have weightless textures perfect for warmer weather but pack a punch with potent good-for-your-skin ingredients to revitalize, repair and brighten for a healthy, glowing complexion.
The best part is that all of these brightening serums are suitable even for sensitive skin and provide effective results while being gentle, non-irritating and free of synthetic fragrances, phthalates, parabens or other harsh ingredients.
Now let’s dive into why I love each one of these so much!
Vitabrid C12 Dual Drop Serum ($62)
Brighter skin, reduced fine lines and antioxidant protection, all in one drop! This is an all-rounder anti-aging serum that’s brightening and hydrating, thanks to vitamin C and a blend of powerful peptides. The key ingredients are:
- Vitabrid CG: Active & stabilized vitamin C (in the form of Ascorbic acid stabilized with zinc oxide and glyceryl monostearate which extends the shelf life of vitamin C)
- Peptibrid: Provides skin regeneration and antioxidant effect, heals damaged skin.
- Peptide Complex: A mix of 5 peptides that boost collagen synthesis to reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
- Niacinamide: Improves skin tone/texture, repairs natural skin barrier and brings an overall radiance to the skin.
- Glutathione and Resveratrol: Antioxidants that calm skin and suppress aging caused by environmental stressors
- Hyaluronic Acid Triple Complex: Six layers of Hyaluronic Acid bind in moisture to infuse skin with long-lasting hydration
- Plant Stem Cell Complex: Helps increase skin regeneration and maintains elasticity, firmness, and moisture.
With an ultra-lightweight gel like texture that sinks into skin within seconds without being sticky or tacky, this serum is great for all skin types whether it’s oily, combination or dry. And it’s fragrance-free as well. I’ve been using it in my morning routine and haven’t had any issues with it pilling under sunscreen or makeup.
The A Method C Antioxidant Gel 20% ($118)
Created by Washington D.C. celebrity dermatologist Tina Alster MD, this serum is made with 20% Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, a lipid soluble form of Vitamin C that’s highly effective to brighten skin, fade hyper pigmentation for a more even skin tone and also prevents free radical damage that causes premature skin aging.
This fragrance-free serum has a water-free gel formulation that preserves stability of the Vitamin C. Plus, the formula also has Vitamin E that works in conjunction with Vitamin C to deliver additional antioxidant protection.
My favorite part about this serum is its silky-smooth texture that just glides over skin with a weightless feel! It leaves my skin feeling so smooth and lightly hydrated. It layers beautifully under sunscreen and also does double duty as a primer (Vitamin C boosts UV protection under sunscreen, so I always use it in my morning routine)
Just so you know, the super-smoothing texture of this serum is because of silicones (something to keep in mind if you avoid those in skincare!) Personally, I think silicones get a bad rep but they’re fantastic for preventing against water loss.
Even though this is a highly concentrated vitamin C serum, I haven’t experienced any irritation or sensitivity even with daily use and my skin feels happy and hydrated after use. Did I mention how silky it feels on my skin?!!
Herbal Dynamics Beauty Bio-Solutions Retinoid and Goji Berry Retexturizing Serum ($38)
This is a modern retinoid combined with superfoods carrot seed oil and goji extract to deliver anti-aging benefits with minimal irritation. The curated complex smoothes and improves the tone & texture of sun-damaged skin while hyaluronic acid and turmeric provide gentle soothing and balance. The key ingredients are
- 1% Granactive Retinoid – A more stable and less irritating form of vitamin A. Targets fine lines, dark spots, large pores and blemishes
- Carrot Seed Oil – Helps to scavenge free radicals
- Goji Berry – Contains vitamin C that promotes firmer, brighter skin
- Allantoin – Soothes and minimizes dryness
- Hyaluronic Acid – Delivers deep hydration.
- Turmeric – Provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
I love how lightweight the formula is and absorbs quickly without a sticky, greasy or tacky feel. I use this serum at night as recommended. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and layers easily under my moisturizer or night cream. I have only used it for about a week yet, so can’t speak for the long-term results but I love how gentle it is and has a great mix of anti-aging actives.
So Supple Organics Vita Burst Hydrating Vitamin Treatment ($22)
This super hydrating serum is formulated with 6% Niacinamide and Hyalauronic Acid to leave your skin nourished and calm. Hyalauronic acid delivers deep hydration while Niacinamide (Vitamin B-3) works to improve uneven skin tone and diminish dullness. Plus, it also contains organic chamomile essential oil to soothe skin. No unnecessary fillers!
The texture is slightly viscous but absorbs quickly. It adds a healthy dose of hydration without a heavy feel, which makes it a great lightweight serum for all skin types. It can be used AM or PM and layers easily under other skincare products. Simple but effective!
Some of the products mentioned above were provided for editorial consideration, but all opinions are my own!
Leave a Reply